Eighteen - The wedding

Amélie's pov:

I don't know why, but I'm nervous. I hope I don't trip on my dress, that would be so embarrassing.

 I hope I don't trip on my dress, that would be so embarrassing

A.N.: Her dress

The doors open and the piano begins to play a classical wedding tune as I place my hand in the crook of uncle Jacob's (Liyana's dad) elbow. I chose him to walk me down the aisle because regardless of the situation, uncle Jacob has always treated me like his own, as if I'm just another Liyana to him no matter what the situation was.

We walk down the aisle and I begin to feel self-conscious. I feel like everyone's eyes are on me - obviously their eyes will be on you, you dumb bitch, that's the whole point of a wedding - because I look like shit. I mean, I was feeling pretty confident to begin with, but now, not so much. I feel like I'm going to be sick. However I keep my head help high to exert the confidence that everyone thinks I have, and continue walking forward.

I look up, and my eyes clash with the most beautiful pair of hazel green eyes. Slightly calming me and reassuring me.

When we get to the altar, uncle Jacob shakes Romeo's hand and leaves a kiss on my forehead before placing my hand in Romeo's so he can help me up. The moment I place my hand in his, sparks shoot through my whole body, exciting me.

I thank Romeo and with awe filled eyes, he whispers "you're the most beautiful girl in the world mia belleza, and nobody can tell me otherwise."

My heart stuttered for a moment before I gave him the most dazzling smile I could utter. I look at him up and down, and see his tailored suit that fits him deliciously. When I look back into his eyes, I see him smirking at me.

Our staring contest is interrupted by the priest who is beginning the ceremony "Today," he begins "we are gathered here, in holy matrimony, for the marriage of Ms

Our staring contest is interrupted by the priest who is beginning the ceremony "Today," he begins "we are gathered here, in holy matrimony, for the marriage of Ms. Amélie Levine Beaumont and Mr. Romeo Angelo Basilio."

He looks towards Amara - who is the ring bearer (we don't have groomsmen or bridesmaids) - to bring the rings.

"If Mr. Basilio could take Ms. Beaumont's ring and repeat after me whilst putting her ring on." The priest says.