Seven - The event.

Amélie's pov:

After Romeo and I finished signing the contract, we made our way out of my father's office.

This time, he took my hand and placed it in his, which made me smile a bit, considering we are meant to hate one another.

Soon, we made it back to the ballroom, hand in hand and I followed him as he was creating conversation with the other mafia leaders. He didn't let go of my hand once. Not when he shook another guys hand, not when he order a drink and not even now, when his best friends came up to him to greet him with a bro-hug. Hmm, that's new.

"Guys, I want you to meet my soon-to-be-wife, Amélie." Romeo introduced me. The way my name rolled off of his tongue excited my lady parts. No. Stay focused. Remember, you're doing this to get revenge for your maman.

"It's nice to meet you boys, Greek and Spanish mafia right?" I ask curiously.

"Yeah, it's nice to meet you too, I'm Christos and this is Matteo." One of Romeo's friends, who I now know to be Christos, puts his hand out to shake mine.

Just as I was about to take my hand away from Romeo's, his hold on my hand tightened slightly, as if to say that he doesn't want to let my hand go.

He does eventually let go of my hand and I quickly shake Christos' and Matteo's hand. As I was doing that, I felt an arm snake around my waist and pull me closer to themselves. I shoot a glare at Romeo as a way of warning. He just looks me blankly in the eye and continues talking to his friends, slyly stroking his thumb back and forth on my hip, where his hand rests.

I can feel the heat of his hand seeping through my dress as I try and stay focused on the conversation the boys and I are having.

God, this fuzzy feeling in my stomach won't stop. What is he doing to me?

"Cosa stai facendo in nome di Dio Romeo [what in God's name are you doing Romeo]?" I whisper to him in Italian.

"Ci sono persone che ci guardano la mia bellezza. Dobbiamo mettere su uno spettacolo no? [There are people watching us my beauty. We must put on a show no?]" he replies, his lips brushing against the shell of my ear when he whispers, slightly making me shiver.

He pulls back, smirking at the effect that he has on me. Ugh. Why did he feel the need to tease me?

Wait- "Mi hai appena chiamato 'la tua bellezza'? [did you just call me 'your beauty'?]" I'm meant to hate him. I do. Right? Yes, Yes I do. I cannot forget that. No matter how many heart fluttering things he does or says.

He just ignores me and continues the conversation with Christos and Matteo. Asshole.

"Soooo, soon-to-be-wife huh? How did that happen?" Christos asks.

"Yeah-." I cut Romeo off.

"Long story short, it's a historical arrangement that was planned for Romeo and I from the moment I was born, that cannot be taken back. Don't you just love it when men put their logical thinking into their decision making!" I say sarcastically.

Christos and Matteo were too busy laughing at what I said to realise their best friend staring down at me.

"What? Do I have something on my face? Why are you looking at me like that? Do I not look good? Romeo-" I ramble on to him.

I was cut off with an unhappy sounding Romeo and his index and middle finger lifting my chin "Mia belleza [my beauty], don't you dare doubt yourself, you're stunning."

I stared at him, shocked. Maybe he isn't that bad after all. Shut the fuck up bitch. Of course he's as bad as they say he is. How many times do I have to remind you, you. Hate. Him. And the same goes for him, I'm sure he despises me too. And I don't blame him, I do steal from him and raid his biggest shipments often sooo..