Thirty-eight - A dish best served cold.

Romeo's pov:

The next morning, I wake up to my beautiful wife, peacefully asleep in my arms, with our arms and legs tangled around each other. I lay in bed for an hour or so, simply just admiring how heart-throbbingly stunning she is - even in her sleep.

When I realise that it's been about and hour of me just taking in her beauty, I decide to wake her up - with a shower of kisses rained on practically every inch of her face and neck. When I hear her soft giggles, that's when I know I've managed to wake her up.

When she looks down at me kissing the valley between her boobs, I look up at her from my position and watch as she gives me one of the most beautifully genuine smiles there are in this world. I kiss my way all the way up to her lips and give her a tender kiss, closing my eyes at how much passion and love I feel that's emanating off of her.

We part and she pulls me into her arms, allowing me to rest my head on her chest, listening to her calming heartbeat. As she plays with my curls she whispers "I love you." To me, along with 3 gentle kisses to wherever she can reach.

"I love you more baby." I tell her softly as I stroke the bare skin of her waist.

I can feel her shake her head 'no' and say "I love you most amore mio [my love]."

Thats not possible because I love her so much that my heart feels as though it might burst out of my chest at any given moment, at the mere thought of my wonderful wife, but I let her win this time, because this has been our main point of discussion since last night, after we came home from the cottage, that I took Amélie to where I declared my love to her in front of our mafia.

Amélie and I had a nice long conversation in the early hours of the morning, explaining and talking through our thoughts and feelings. We gave each other time to talk and considered how we would feel in the shoes of the other person.

It felt like a tremendously heavy weight lifted off of my chest and I was able to sleep like a baby for the first time in a very long time.

"Come here." I tell her as I look up at her, getting lost in the deep depths of her beautiful blue eyes.

She brings her face forward and kisses me like our lives depend on it, but before it can get too heated, I stop our kiss and pull away "As much as i'd love a repeat of yesterday, we need to get going for something I have planned for us." I say as I slightly, unconsciously roll my member against her core.

"But I need you, 6 rounds weren't enough for the 3 weeks we missed." She whines to me as she peppers kisses all over my face.

I chuckle at her behaviour and wrap my arms around her waist, lifting us both up from our bed "I don't want you to be too sore for what we're doing today mon amour [my love]." I tell her softly as I kiss the side of her head 3 times.

"Okay.." she says, her tone slowly becoming more disappointed as she drags the word on "I guess I'll just have to satisfy myself whilst you watch." She shrugs indifferently.

I stop walking towards the bathroom and look at her in shock "What's got you so horny?" I ask her in a teasing tone.

She shrugs as if she's about to say something nonchalant but what she says is far from it "Oh, just the very vivid memory of your thick," she trails her pointer finger down my abdomen "long," her finger dips into my boxers "hard cock" and grabs a hold of my length, stroking it "pumping and painting my walls."

She kisses up the length of my neck as I walk into the bathroom. I place her on the cold counter and she hisses at the contact of it "Spread your legs." I command her.