Thirty-two - "Where's my wife?!"

Amélie's pov:

Vincent.

"Why are you here? I thought you left." I said tiredly.

"Your husband's here." He says as he stalks towards me "Now sit still, this will only hurt for a second." He says evilly as he whips out a syringe and stabs it into my neck.

I hiss at the stinging pain and try to keep myself calm. But my panic is inevitable as he says "I want you to listen to something."

I can't answer back because it feels like all of my limbs are being held down and my mouth is being kept sealed. I am left with no choice other than to watch and listen, as Vincent pulls out his phone and presses play on a recording.

I hear Romeo's voice on the recording, as it fills the silent torturing cell "I fucking hate her. She's nothing but a pawn in my game. I only pretended to care for her so I could create the worlds biggest empire, us fucking, and her falling in love with me were mere bonuses. If anything, she should be glad that I taught her not to be so trusting and gullible. I couldn't care less about her. Kill her for all I care. She's just a fat whore that should've died on that day instead of her mother."

Although I'm in a stupor-like state, even if I was able to move, I'd continue laying there completely still. Whether it would be from utter shock or complete heartbreak, I do not know. All I know is, that it seems I can't trust anyone anymore. Not even the man I thought I loved.

Serves me right.

I shouldn't fall in love with every man that gives me the slightest bit of attention.

It's my own fault.

I shouldn't be such a fat fucking whore.

The fact of the matter is, that I comfortably opened up to Romeo about my father's abuse and the things he'd say to me, and he used my trauma against me.

"Now that you've heard that, make sure you stay extremely still. It'll hurt less that way. Oh! Wait, you won't have to worry about staying still, will you?!" Vincent says mockingly.

I watch him as reaches his hand down to his belt and unfastens it.

Nonononono.

Please don't.

Someone help me. I want to scream it at the top of my lungs. But I can't.

I. Can't. Do. Anything. Except sit and watch everything play out.

I hope someone finds me.

"Oh! And one more thing. I know you hate me because I killed your mother all those years ago, but the truth is, I was paid a shit tonne of money to kill her, by the infamous Francois Beaumont." He says darkly as he looks at my body with lust in his eyes.

I obviously can't move, but that doesn't stop the tears from flooding out of my eyes.

All those years of pain and torture. For what? For Francois' amusement. He killed my maman for his own. Fucking. Amusement.

My thoughts are cut off as I feel a cold rush of air hit my upper thighs as my skirt is lifted.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Please please please, someone find me.

Romeo's pov:

As my men kill the guards around us, my head swivelled from side to side, trying to find any signs of Amélie. I look through rooms on the first level, but I can't see her. But what worries me the most, is that I can't find Vincent either. I swear to God, if he's done anything to her-