Flyby

"A sniper huh?..."Igano scratches his chin as he purses his lips. A small amount of grease painting his cheek.

"Yea, I'll be on helicopter support soon. So I could use a weapon that can shoot straight after a ten-meter distance." I nod as I glance around the tent, the buzz of the people working on equipment ever so loud. Equipment that honestly varied from weapons, to actual machinery.

"Huh. I thought this tent was meant for weapon maintenance." I motion with my head at what seemed to be a stripped-down engine in the corner of the room, a couple of mechanics doing, 'something' on it.

"Oh? Nahh. Mechanics in overall use this tent. As most hardware tools are placed here." Igano shrugs as he also looks at the engine.

"But, back to your question." He adds as he turns to me.

"We don't have any snipers you could use. Not military-grade ones at least. We do have a couple of X-bolts's. But uhhh. I think it would be better if I just give you a barrel extension for your Scar-H." Igano folds his arms as he tilts his head.

"And a better scope." I add as I nod.

"Sure thing. Give me the gun for a bit, I'll hook the parts on for you. Oh and the mags, or you refilled em yourself?" Igano extends his arm towards me as he motions towards an empty table a few meters behind him.

"Just don't break it." I jokingly respond as I hand him my Scar-H and mags. Igano just chuckles.

"Well, I won't be keeping you. Seems you got people in, high places waiting for you." He adds as he leans to the side to glance behind me...

I tilt my head before also turning to look behind me, only to find a certain pikette waiting next to the tent's exit, arms folded and looking towards me.

(Hmm? Saya?)

I arch an eyebrow as I turn around to walk towards her. Saya quickly turning to look away when she realized I was coming.

And the moment I got close.

"Are the others set?" I ask as I stop in front of her.

"Yea." Saya nods.

"So, here..." She adds as she hands me a military-grade radio. Υou know, the ones with the very long, flexible antenna.

"Huh, we went from earbuds to flipper-sized Nokias." I chuckle as I put τhe radio in my vest's chest pocket, half of it still sticking out. Then I bend the antenna and shove its top into the same pocket.

"You'll be going too far for the earbuds to reach you. I've already set the frequency, so don't go pressing any buttons like an idiot. Also, these radios are not push to talk. They're constantly open. So don't go off saying any stupid stuff either..." Saya retorts as she folds her arms.

(I would make a joke now. But, she does seem worried. I mean, she did have actual nightmares about this stuff. So, let's not be 'too' insensitive now.)

"Don't worry, I'll be back before you know it." I respond as I pet her head. Saya mumbled something as she glanced away, but did not try to stop me.

"Hope I'm not interrupting anything." And a male voice speaks up from behind me, Saya quickly leaning away from my hand the moment she heard the voice...

Turning to look over my head, I find Igano with my gun.

"Your girl's ready to go." He chuckles as he shows me the Scar-H. A new, longer barrel attached to the front, along with a longer, bigger, actual sniper scope.

Now, I don't know if it was because of how Igano called it, but Saya turned to stare at the gun with a slight frown as I took it and passed its sling over my shoulder.