Skipping school

"So they only react to sounds?" Kohta asks in a low tone.

"Yep, they are blind and seem to ignore physical contact with inanimate objects, they might be able to sense heat though. As from what I saw, they seem to realize when they have grabbed a human and they are also able to home in on a running person after getting their initial 'lock on' too... even if that 'lock on' doesn't seem to last very long. As they lose interest pretty fast, and get distracted even faster. I'm just hypothesizing about that though, I didn't have much of a chance to test it out, nor do I have a death wish to experiment how long it will take them till they would lose interest in chasing me, especially when I'm in a closed space." I say as I look back at Kohta.

"I see, that would explain why we were able to just walk around them then." Kohta nods while he keeps speaking quietly.

"Also kind of obvious but, these things are, well, dead" I say with a deadpan look on my face.

"Huh, dead? Don't be ridiculous, if they are dead then why are they still walking around?" Saya butts in with a sharp and rather loud voice.

"I don't know, but you have seen them? I might not be that particularly versed in human biology, but what I do know is that you can't be considered to be very alive if you're chewing your own ripped off arm, half of your back is missing and you are dragging your own guts on the floor. Also Takagi, could you pleeaaase... talk just a biiiit more quietly?" I turn my head to Saya with a pleading look.

I tried to be as polite and non provocative as I could. And obviously, I failed. This is Saya we're talking about after all.

Saya frowns, puffs her cheeks and answers with a rather loud voice, again.

"And who are you to tell me what to do? And why did you have us stop in this classroom in the first place?"

Right now we were in an empty classroom, as I asked the other two for a 'stop' after I saw them trying to hide behind a couple of lockers when they spotted a couple of corpses 'staring' at our direction. I could have explained how the corpses act right then and there. But I had the strong feeling that Saya would not be able to help herself and would end up with some loud, snarky remark after my explanation.

So, planning ahead for that, I picked an empty classroom in hopes of somewhat soundproofing Saya's outbursts, as she kept speaking loud enough to make every single deadhead turn our direction.

"Ughhh...forget it, I am not here to antagonize you. Kohta and I will check the door. And if it's clear I will signal with my hand so we can move out. We should try to keep the noise and chatter to the minimum after we get out of this room." I say and get up from the chair.

"And who made you the boss anyway?" Saya 'asks' as she silently looked away from me.

Ignoring Saya, I started moving towards the class door.

(God, she might seem cute and all with her tsundere act in the anime. But the fact that all I get from her is tsun and no dere is making me want to start chewing a desk. I had to deal with one too many corpses already, because she was being too loud.

Uhhh, focus, got to keep myself focused. She might act like a total stuck up bitch right now, but she is not a bad person, I hope. And, I also have to make sure Kohta won't end up dead before he gets his custom-made nail gun thingy.)

Going to the door, I cleared my mind and slowly opened and peeked through the door.

(Right side has two of them standing up and three on their knees munching on some unlucky bastard.

Left side has only three, but all of them are on their feet. Normally, I would take the right side as going around the eating ones is much easier, but I don't want to risk it with the other two with me.)