Samurai, I am not

I never realized it while wandering around the mansion. But, I actually forgot my backpack in the room that I uh, passed out in. So, here I am now, walking down a hallway, with a stack of clothes on my hands, barely able to see where I'm going.

(I must look ridiculous right now. At least I still have like thirty minutes before one P.M, so I got some time to return to that room and stuff some of the clothes in the backpack. Actually, I should check for some bigger bags that can fit inside the Humvee as well. Hell knows we are going to need the space if we decide to leave.

Heh. I must admit, when Yuriko said that she would give me some extra clothing so I won't have to run around every time I need to change. I didn't expect half a wardrobe. But hey, everything she gave me is indeed black like I asked, so no complaints from me.)

I also decided to take the chance and change my clothes after taking a quick bath, who knows when I will get another chance after all. So I was actually wearing the new clothes now, new clothes that looked almost exactly the same as the ones I wore before.

Black cargo pants, black shirt and a black hooded jacket along with the usual arm and leg guards.

(Though I also realized something weird about this world, among other things.

I don't smell. And it is not just me either, people in overall, don't smell. Sure, Takashi did stink like a skunk in the Humvee, but he did get peed on by Alice. And as Kohta was sitting next to him, he probably also got shot by friendly fire when the girls smelled them.

Anyway, since coming here and getting 'arrested'. I have been running, sprinting and jumping around non-stop. Overall, doing things that would normally make me smell like a dumpster. Yet I never did end up smelling anything nasty. The only reason I took a bath now, was because I could, not because I should.

Well whatever, it's still a god sent. Having to take a bath every single day, in order not to smell like ass during a zombie apocalypse. Heh, yeah, good luck with that chump.

I mean, in the anime and manga the main cast did not take that many baths either. Other than the fan service scene in Rika's house, I don't remember them taking another bath. Though they do change clothes a couple of times, so I guess it could be implied that they did?

Still, nobody ever complained that somebody else from the group smelled. But, I should not be surprised, this world does function differently on some fundamental levels after all. A normal shotgun being able to send multiple corpses flying for example. Or that the whole world looks, well, anime-esque? It's kinda hard to explain.

Guess I could also add 'people don't smell' in the list of weird-ass stuff. Now, where is that god damn room. It should be right around... )

Yet, my thoughts got interrupted by, barking? I turn my head around to see the little mutt we rescued running towards me. Upon closing the distance, Zeke jumps with a bark, and bites down on the bottom hem of my pants, then starts 'pulling'.

I lift my leg and look down at the little dog that was now hanging like some sort of dried furry fish.

(Just, perfect.)

"Zeke! Where did you go! Zeke!" Reacting to the new voice, I look up and see Alice running up the stairs in the distance.

"If you're looking for the furry terminator, he's right here trying to kill me! I think..." I shout. Alice turns around and looks at me.

"Hope you have a way to tame this thing! Before it tears me to shreds..." I say to Alice as I look down pointedly at the dog.

Alice immediately runs over to me and kneels down. She then grabs the dog with both hands and starts pulling him. Needless to say, the dog did not let go.