Stock up

(It's not that I'm complaining...)

I was sitting on one of the comfortable cinema seats in the room that I and Saeko took a break in before, staring towards the blackness ahead of me. While Saeko, was with her head on my leg, having turned the next couple of seats next to me into a makeshift bed after lifting their armguards...

(But why is this room so damn dark? Here I am, with Saeko sleeping on my leg, yet I can't friggin see...)

I brought my hand to Saeko's head, and lightly ruffled her hair. To which she responded by giving out a soft moan while tightened her arms around my leg.

(Still, I didn't expect her to be this tired. I mean sure, she was running around like a hyperactive squirrel. And swinging that sword around like a helicopter blade...)

I lower my sight towards Saeko's head, the non-existent lighting making it pretty much impossible to actually see her.

(At least she ain't drooling on me, yet. I'm also, rather surprised that Saya actually stayed quiet after she went ballistic. Though something tells me that I'm going to spend some time running from a certain pink tornado after I return to the airport...)

With a slight sigh I lift my head, and with my free hand, open the flashlight on my helmet.

(Before all that though, we need to wait for the team that will take over. Apparently, we're waiting for a truckload of people and equipment. Something about setting up power transmission cables over the busted ones on their way here? Which I guess would explain why they're taking so long.)

I close my eyes and look towards the ceiling.

(But, if they're setting up infrastructure for electricity, does that mean that the team sent to the hydro-dam was successful? So does that also mean that we can now charge the laptop?...)

Finishing that though, I let out a chuckle.

(Here I am, Saeko sleeping on me, Saya pouting at me every time I'm paying more attention to our purple-haired Samurai instead of her. And still, I'm actually getting giddy from the fact that I might be able to play video games again. Some things just never change, do they?)

"This is team Gamma. We will be arriving at the cinema at five. Cinema team, you copy? Over." And the earbud in my ear goes alive.

"Yea, note up that the front is probably overrun though. Over." I replied.

"Roger, We've been informed of that earlier. Is the back entrance viable for a truck-sized vehicle? Over." The radio responds.

"I don't think so. From the little that I saw of the back alley, the best that could fit is a small-sized car. Over" I answer.

"Understood, then we'll go on with the initial plan. Over" The radio responds once again.

"Which is?" I ask back.

"Excessive firepower. Over" The radio answers flatly.

"Uhh, just try not to blow up the cinema as well..." I answer as I fold my arms.

"No need to worry, we brought barricades. Over" The radio responds just as flatly.

(Really now?)

And, after a few minutes of silence...

(Welp, guess It's time to wake the warrior princess.)

With that thought, I bring my hand to where Saeko's shoulder should be, and lightly shake her. Saeko responds by letting out a soft groan.