Scared.

WANDA'S POV.

It's been about two hours since y/n woke up and I am now downstairs trying to make them food. The memories from today just keep flashing in my mind. I can't Un-see all the blood on my hands and the look in her eye when she tried to say goodbye. I shiver at the thought and continue to make her food.

She could have died. That moment could have ended with her being dead in my arms. How long would it have been before they found her lifeless body being held by my limp one. I try not to let my mind get the best of me as I think all these terrible things.

"Hey Wanda" I hear Steve's voice say from behind me. I quickly wipe away the stray tear that ran down my cheek. I swing my head back a little to look at him and smirk slightly. "Hey Steve, do you have any updates on the Natasha situation" I ask hoping for new answers.

I stop making y/n's food for a second so I can turn around and give him my full attention. He sighs then starts to speak again. "We don't know the full story but we do have a good idea of why she shot y/n". He starts to walk over to me and stops at my side. He leans back so he is against the counter to my right.

"But if what we think is true, then we will need to take you in for testing" he says with a calmer voice. I bite my inner cheek and look up at him. "Do what you need to do, I just want to know why that bitch shot y/n" I say in a slow raspy voice as I try to hold back tears.

"We will eventually have to test y/n too but we are going to wait until she is fully well before we do anything" he adds and I nod. I turn around and continue making y/n's food. We sit in silence for a little while until I break it. "She was almost dead Steve," I rasp out and my lip quivers.

I don't know what happens but I think all the events of today hit me at once. My heart feels like it's going to explode as I break down into tears. Steve doesn't even hesitate before taking me Into his arms. I sob with my head on his chest, I keep whispering about the fact that she could have died in my arms.

"It's ok, she's ok." He Reassures me and I try to control my crying the best I can. I am taking long shuddered breathes as I remove my head from his chest. I cough a little before talking. "I'm sorry, I just don't want to loose her" I quietly say and he nods.

"I know, none of us want to loose her either"  I sniffle a little bit before finishing y/n's food.

Y/N'S POV
(Btw this is all while Wanda is making food).

I can't believe I almost died. I sit up a little in my bed and pick up my hands a bit so I can look at them. My eyes scan over my body, when I finally get to the hole in my shoulder I stop. I let out an exaggerated sigh. "You alright there kid?" I look up to see Tony in the door way. I smile at him.

"Well I mean I was just shot in the shoulder so yea, I'm doing great!" I sarcastically say as he walks over to the chair Wanda was sitting in. He sits down and I shift my body in his direction. "What happened" I ask and look at him. He looks down and rubs his hands over his mouth.

"Listen kiddo, we don't have the full story but we think Natasha was mind controlled or something. We do know that it was not her doing that herself." He says and looks me in the eye. "I was really scared" I see the tears well up in his deep brown eyes.

I bite my lip to hold back the tears as I nod aggressively. "I was too" my voice breaks as I talk. "I just got back to living a normal life and now look where I am" I look down at my shoulder once again. "Kiddo, one thing you have to learn is that you will never have a normal life." 

I look down at my hands and start to fidget with the scratchy pale Hospital blanket. "I know". My voice is quiet when I talk but he hears me.

HEY EVERYONE!!! I am super duper sorry that this new chapter took ages to write. I have not been very motivated lately. I also wanted to thank you guys for 10K READS!!!!!! Ahhhh that's so crazy. Ich hab dich lieb!!! (I love you). MAKE SURE TO EAT AND DRINK SOMETHING MY LOVES- juni <3