Admiration

Y/n's pov

The first thing I notice when I open my eyes is Wanda sitting in the chair to the right of my hospital bed. The light is very bright which makes me squint but for the most part I am able to fully open my eyes and look at Wanda.

She has a book in her hand that I don't recognize and she is peacefully reading in silence. I stare at her to see how long it takes her to notice I am awake. After about a minute she hasn't moved so I clear my throat to get her attention.

She immediately looks up at me and when she sees that I'm awake her expression completely changes. "Omg your awake" she gasps and looks at me with wide eyes. I have a soft smile resting on my face as I watch how happy she is.

"What happened Wands?" I ask because I still don't know who shot me. "Who shot me?" I follow up before she can respond. "How about I go get you some water or something to wake you up a bit" she dodges my question, hm that's weird.

"Wanda, who shot me?" I ask more seriously this time. She pursues her lips and her happiness fades a bit. Her expression makes me worried. I am assuming it was just some hydra agents who were hired to kill me so I don't get why she is upset.

"Wanda?" I question. "Natasha" she whispers and I barely hear. "I can't hear you" I say starting to get fed up with her not telling me. "Oh for fucks sack it was Natasha!" She practically screams at me and my face goes pale.

Natasha? No, it couldn't have been Natasha. Why would she even do that. It's not possible. So many questions run through my head as tears start to swell up in my eyes. Wanda sighs and sits back down in her chair. We are both silent for a good five minutes.

"Im sorry for yelling" Wanda mumbles under her breath. "It's alright" I send a small smile at her. The realization starts to creep in that the Natasha that I had previously kissed was the one who just shot me in the shoulder.

My heart beats faster and the tears in my eyes grows bigger. Wanda figures out that I am panicking so she reaches her hand over the rail of my hospital bed and clasps it in mine. I shake my head in denial. "There is no way" I stutter out.

"We-we just kissed. I though we had something, then she goes on and fucking shoots me" the anger flows through me as I finish my sentence. "I know sweetie, I know. I'm so sorry this happened." Wanda rubs her thumb on the back of my hand and looks up at me.

"If it makes you feel any better they think someone mind controlled her. It's just a theory but it might be true" she informs me and I start to feel a little bit better. I still can't shake the feeling that I did something wrong. It just doesn't make sense.

she might have been mind controlled but still, it really doesn't sound like something Natasha would do. I move my head over a bit to take a peek at my right shoulder. It's throbbing but it doesn't hurt too bad. There is thick white bandage rapped around it and a little heart drawn on by marker.

"Did you draw on my bandage?" I ask Wanda. It's a very random question that honestly catches both of us by surprise. Wanda looks over a bit then smiles. "Yes I did. After all the shit that happened today I thought it would be cute to add a little heart" she says with a small voice.

For the first time in the past two hours I actually have a strike of happiness. I look at her in admiration. She is seriously my best friend.

Heyyy everyone!! I'm so so so sorry this is short but i am having the worst cramps rn and I can't bother to write more. I am leaving to go to the beach tomorrow so I will try to update as much as I can while I'm there. MAKE SURE TO EAT AND DRINK SOMETHING MY LOVES- juni <3