Dealing with life,

It's been 9 months since Tony's 18th, on his birthday he didn't think of what he would inherit. What it would lead to, or how his life would change. He only thought of people he was with, and how long the night would last. It would be the last night out he would have for the foreseeable future. Weeks of lawyers coming and going, signing money, cars, land, houses he didn't knew existed, and planes all under his name. Tony went from an underpaid mechanic in training to a billionaire within a few days. Though it couldn't finish at that, where he wouldn't have to work a day in his life. The company finally got placed in his name.

His alarm clock chimed, it wasn't a nice noise. More alarming if anything. He moaned quietly, tossing over in bed as his blinds automatically opened. Tony Stark, billionaire, playboy, genius, was not a morning person. After forcing himself out of bed he hurried downstairs in search of his assistant. It didn't bother him that he was in pyjamas, she had seen him in his worst already.

"Morning," he greeted, resting on the island.

"Good Morning, Tony." She gave him a weak smile. "Your coffees brewing." She assured when she noticed him yawning. "Your fathers called, Obadiah wants to remind you of your trip to Afghanistan coming up, and James called."

"What'd Rhodey want?" He asked immediately, giving her a serious look. They hadn't been in touch since the hospital, and heck Tony's memory was barely lasting a week at this rate of work.

"He didn't say,. Just asked you to call him back sometime this week." She finished, pouring his coffee into a plain mug.

"Oh. And my parents?" He asked again, watching her movements to make his coffee exactly how he likes it.

"You haven't talked to them in over a month. They're worried." The assistant looked up at him, seeing the worry settle on his face. She pushed the coffee along the counter though instead of immediately picking it up and drinking it fast enough to give him heartburn like usual, he runs up the stairs to take a phone call he definitely didn't have time for. Tony hadn't closed when out when he received the money, the first few months Tony had help with the sudden stress. Yet now he felt as if he barely had time to sleep with all the alerts from Obadiah which he refused to see in the flesh. He gave Steve and Bucky a large amount of money as a 'thank you', they refused but after some insisting, and them certain Tony wouldn't back down they accepted it thankfully. Tony started ringing them as he picked out his clothes, leaving the phone on loud speaker. It was his own phone design he was proud to manufacture, he also gifted that to close friends.

"Tony!" A gleeful voice called from the opposite end, Steve seemed almost excited to see the call.

"Hi, how are you?" Tony answered, taking off his shirt to put on the button up.

"Im okay, yeah. Missing you but other than that we're happy and healthy." Bucky said with a sigh, happy to hear Tony's voice. "Buck! Buck!! Tony's on the phone!" Steve yelled, making the speaker ring on Tony's ends

"Tony, why haven't we gotten a call? I don't care how famous you are i want a call." Bucky teased.

"So sorry, i'll come down soon, i swear." Tony promised, grabbing a tie which he thought matched the trousers. "Anything happened recently?"

"We've booked a holiday, that's about it." Bucky dismissed, only wanting to hear about Tony's life. "There's a lot of articles about you and the ladies?" Tony groaned in return, feeling like sobbing into a pillow at just the mention. He knew watch the articles said, only a few which were accurate.

"Don't believe everything you see." Tony warned.

"Yeah, we know. We're not that old. Just be safe kiddo." Steve sighed, his voice buzzing through the microphone as he was too close to the phone.

"Not a kid, Steve." Tony reminded, now fully dressed and ready for any surprise meeting Pepper warned him about.

"We know, bud. Sometimes i still think your a noisy twelve year old upstairs, then i realise it's just Steve yelling at a canvas." Bucky joked, feeling a small dampened feeling grow on his stomach.

"Jerk." Steve chuckled, elbowing his husband. Tony smiled, knowing that his parents were happy even with his absence. "You got to come home sometime."

"Maybe you could fly out here, i could get you the classiest plane." Tony informed, "Private bedroom, spa, bar, anything you want."

"We just want to see you, Tony." Bucky answered, making Tony feel slightly guilty.

"Next time i have time off i'll be there." Tony said, as if he had actually had time off on the last 9 months. "Hey, i'm sorry to cut this short but i have to start work soon."

"I was expecting that, have fun." Steve said.

"Love you, bye." Tony ended the call slipping the phone in his pocket, it was nice to know that they were both well but the idea that he had abandoned them kept feeding on his mind. He jogged down the stairs to finally appreciate his coffee before having to endure a long day of narcissistic business men.

(I'm sorry if there will be a few time skips in the next chapter/chapters<3)