Feeling faint, (2) adjusting,

Tony's body was trying to adjust to the new medication, though since he had been taking the previous meds for so long his body wasn't ready for the sudden change.

"How long will this go on for?!" He yelled into the pillow, he had a painful stomach ache which only seemed to grow worse, his face was hidden from his parents sight as he was curled up in pain.

"Tony, breathe." Steve hummed, tucking the teenager back in after the blanket had been scrunched into the corner of the bed, there wasn't a verbal response only a few tired whines as he had been up all night.

"Maybe we should call the hospital again? It shouldn't be this painful." Bucky chewed on his lip, too worried for Tony's pain.

"No, this is normal. It'll go over in awhile." Steve assured his husband, he was right. It wasn't unusual, he saw it in the Army. Men who took new meds to calm their injuries usually went through a worse patch until getting better.

"There has to be something we can do." Bucky whispered sympathetically, he sat on Tony's windowsill with his head rested in his hand. There wasn't anything he could do, he believed he was letting his son down.

"Ill be fine." Tony interrupted with a slight cry of pain, he held the hot water bottle to his stomach and rolled over again seeking a comfortable position.

Steve sighed, turning to see the small brunet now facing the other way. "Tony, it's obvious it'll take time. You don't need to rush yourself into recovery. Your a stro-"

"Don't lie. I'm not strong like either of you, im a scrawny 13 year old. But i can say i'll be fine, so just agree with me on that, I've been through worse." Bucky and Steve seemed equally surprised by this. they gave each other anxious looks before turning their vision back to him.

"Tony look at me." Bucky said softly, not whispering. Just soft spoken. He moved round the bed so he was knelt on the side. "Tony please." The teenager obliged, rolling over starring at Bucky.

"You know it's true."

"Tony, you don't have to be mr muscle man to be strong, you've been through a crap tone already. You are strong." Bucky argued, still remaining soft spoken.

"Sure." Tony hummed, flipping himself back over practically turning down any further conversation. "Leave me alone."

They adults sighed, there wasn't anything they could do. "Tones, if you need anything, just call? Okay?" Steve thought it would be better not to hug him or pat him on the shoulder, after all he asked to be alone.

"Love you Tony." Bucky smiled weakly, though left the room after receiving no reply, leaving the door cracked open.

Steve was leant against the wall, noticing Bucky's distraught expression. "Come here." Steve opened his arms. Bucky didn't hesitate to walk over and wrap his arms firmly around his husband, burying his head into his shoulder. "It's okay, it'll end soon."

"I need to do something." Bucky mumbled.

"You need to get some sleep, you were up all night." Steve whispered into his partners hair, stumbling into their bedroom.

"He needed someone, he still does."

"James, you can't be there for him if you look as if your apart of the walking dead." Steve sat on the edge of the bed with Bucky beside him. "I'll be up incase anything happens."

"You're too good." Bucky sighed, it was a content sigh. He slipped under the covers feeling the immediate relief on his back, god he hated ageing.

"I love you." Steve kissed the top of his head before slipping away again.

"Wake me up if i sleep for more than 4 hours." Bucky demanded before closing his eyes.

"I'll think about it." Steve chuckled, closing the curtain.

It must of been 3 hours later, the sun was setting a warm filter over the house though everyone seemed to be on the brink of sleeping already. Steve knew he couldn't sleep, he promised Bucky he'd be their for Tony. He poked his head into the teenagers room to see him say up biting at his nails.

"Caught red handed." The blonde chuckled, walking in.

"Hm." Tony responded, dropping his hand from his mouth.

"We need to talk."

"Right, you mean a one handed conversation where i nod even if i don't agree." Tony ranted, glancing up at the taller man.

"If you want, or you could contribute and it might actually go somewhere." Steve sighed, pulling Tony's desk chair over to sit on. "Your choice." There wasn't a reply from Tony, only a simple shrug. "Okay then, what did you mean by 'Strong like either of you'."

"What do you think? I don't have a fucking six pack, and go to the gym just because i can." The teenager scowled, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Language. And? So what? Your not big and muscly at the grand age of 13? You're a kid, Tony." Steve sighed, slouching back.

"It's not even that. I'm smaller than people my pan age, i'm not as tall, not as strong, i'm skinny compared to them."

"Tony, do you think everyone is born big?" A genuine tone of concern landed in Steve's voice.

"No, but. I don't know, okay Steve? Sorry i'm envious of people."

"Tony, that's not that i meant. When i was your age i was a toothpick, i had zero muscle. Though my dream was to be apart of the army, and after, a lot, and i mean a lot of hours of training. I bulked up, but you don't need to. It's a step by step process." Steve explained.

"You? Scrawny? Like to see that." The teenager chuckled, he couldn't imagine to big, tall, strong man small.

"I'll show you a photo some time, how about that?"

"Fine, i just. It's hard with this shitty heart. I struggled to sit up for christs sake."

"Language, and you know you'll get better. Again, it's a process that'll take awhile. We're not pushing it." Steve assured, gently rubbing Tony's shoulder.

"I wish it was easier, that's all."

"I know kiddo, i know." Steve sighed, he wanted it to be easier on all of them. On Bucky, on him, and on Tony. Easier on their family.

(Still recovering, trying to stay on schedule. And thank you so much for 1000+ reads! Hope you have a great day/night).