First Night,

When Tony had arrived it was already getting late, and the couple were afraid they'd be keeping him up with all their talking. Of course they would like to learn more about him, but they had to accept that it would happen over time.

"Your rooms just upstairs, Tony." Bucky confirmed, reaching a hand out to help Tony stand up though was ignored. He shrugged it off, heading upstairs with Tony trailing behind him as well as Steve. Tony couldn't lie, the house was well decorated with a dark oak theme, though he was just waiting for it all to turn for the worse, the possibility of his bedroom being a closet, or being used for storage, maybe even locked from the outside. "Here it is, make yourself comfortable." Bucky pushed the door open revealing a bedroom which left Tony in shock. It was the best room he's seen since Howard was alive, although the room was a basic design it was all he could ask for. There was dark navy curtains, and a cushioned window ledge he could sit on. A large closet, and a desk in the corner of the room. His bed was next to the window with a basket of toiletries placed on top.

"Go ahead, kid." Steve assured, resisting the urge to pat him on the shoulder. Tony anxiously edged into the bedroom, placing his backpack on the bed and glancing around.

"This is for me?" He asked, turning to face the men, he received a nod as Steve's arm snaked around Bucky's waist. "I don't have to do anything.?" Tony conformed, arching his eyebrows slightly.

"Were not asking anything off you Tony, just get some shut eye." Steve grinned in return when he saw a excited smile appear on Tony's face.

"Thank you si- Bucky and Steve." Stammered Tony, starting to pick at his nails again.

"We're just across the hall if you need anything, Bathrooms three doors down. See you in the morning. G'night kid." Bucky added, the couple closed the door leaving Tony in his room.

--

Tony only had two pairs of clothes, daywear, and nightwear. He couldn't remember where he got them, or where he got basic things like socks and underwear. It should of alarmed him more, though he was just happy to have them, some kids he met didn't. Once he was changed into his pyjamas he curled into the duvet, sighing in relief as pressure left his back. Within minutes he was out, exhaustion got the better of him.

--

"What you up to?" Bucky questioned, sliding into bed beside Steve with his towel still hung over his shoulders to stop his hair from soaking the cushions.

"Reading Anth- Tony's file."The blonde muttered back, his hand half way covering his mouth.

"Everything okay?" Bucky asked with a little bit more curiousness in his voice.

"Just.. we should of read up about his past more. He's been through some shit, Buck."

"Pass it here." The man mumbled, taking the folder to flick through it.

After maybe 20 minutes of reading Bucky had the same expression as Steve, he knew Tony had come from a rough background from how he reacted with the adults though he wasn't expecting what he had just read. Tony had gone through neglect, sexual and physical abuse in his past foster homes, he was stuck with his dead parents in the car wreck for 3 days and was kidnapped by his uncle after he was seen incapable of caring for Tony.

"We're just going to have to take this slow, okay?" Bucky hummed placing the folder onto the beside table. "We can try give him the childhood he deserves." Steve nodded in agreement as he dug his head into the crook of his lovers neck.

"What if we can't, buck?" Steve whined, pressing his nose into his husbands collarbone.

"Don't say that." He muttered in return.

--

Bucky woke up to some noise he couldn't make out, he squinted slightly at the darkness of his room and rolled over to see the digital clock, which blinded him at first. It was alnost 4AM, and his body was starting to wake itself up a little more. The noises became easier to process, and he could make them out to be cries, a child's cries. The man took no time to throw his blanket off of him and run into Tony's room, the boy was rolling back and forth in his bed, seemingly arguing with someone.

"Tony, buddy wake up its a dream." He knelt beside the bed gently shaking Tony, trying to wake him up. "Buddy come o-"

"Get off! Get off!! Don't touch me!! Fuck off!!" Tony screamed, started kicking in Bucky's direction, hitting him straight in the nose while attempting to squirm away.

"Tony!! Tony its me, I'm not going to hurt you!" Bucky didn't remove his hands from the boy, standing up having to pin him down. A few gasps erupted from Tony's mouth when he realised who was above him.

"I'm sorry, I.. I didn't know sir. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. Your nose.." Tony blurted out, stabilising himself, just staring back at Bucky and the blood smearing down from his nose onto his lip.

"You okay?"

"Sir, your nose.."

"Tony. Are you okay?" His voice was a lot more stern this time.

"I'm okay. I'm sorry sir, I am I promise."

"Good, good. You going to explain that all to me? I'd appreciate it." Although it was stupid o'clock in the morning, the adult didn't seem mad. Or upset with the boy, more worried. Tony shrugged, he'd never talked to anyone about his nightmares. "Please?" After a few seconds of Tony debating it in his head, he nodded. "Thank you. Could we do it in the bathroom though so I can clean this up?" Bucky asked, hinting towards his nose. Tony backed away slightly, Bucky reminded himself of the previous sexual abuse and slowly nodded. "How about, You sit in the hallway while I clean myself up? That sound okay?" The boy bit his lip, picking at his nails before giving a more confident nod. Bucky grabbed Tony's pillow, and headed down the hallway with the boy following behind. He placed the cushion down on the floor for Tony to sit, then walked into the bathroom keeping the door open.

"I.. well.. i get these nightmares. I know there not real, i'm not stupid." Tony muttered, pulling his legs to his chest.

"Nobody thinks your stupid." Bucky added while stuffing his nose with a tissue.

"There about the past. Some feel so real.. i can't control them. My doctor said my hearts not strong enough to have them and i need to grow up, i'm trying! I am, im 12 im not a kid. So why do i get nightmares?" Tony huffed. They were both were equally as surprised at how much he shared. Though something about not being face to face was so much easier for the boy.

"I'm going to be honest with you, nightmares don't come with an age limit. Ive had a couple in my adult life, I had a few when i was your age. Tony, it's okay to be scared." The solider wasn't lying, he constantly had flashbacks which made him want to hide away from existence.

"Thank you si- Bucky." Tony peaked his head around the door, seeing Bucky wiping away the blood, he got to his feet and walked in, already feeling uneasy. He snatched a tissue from the box, folding it around his fingers. "Sit down, please." He whispered, Bucky obliged, Tony wrapped the tissue around Bucky's nose bridge pinching it, and within a couple minutes the blood flow stopped.

"Thanks kid, cool trick." Bucky smiled, blowing out the rest of the blood from nose.

"Sorry for.. causing it." He shrugged gently, not knowing what else to say.

"Doesn't matter, trust me." They exchanged a smile, as they wandered back to their bedrooms. "If you need anything, come straight on in. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Night kiddo."

(Sorry if this one's rushed</3)