A week in,

Tony fully believed this was the best home he's ever been in, Steve and Bucky never even mentioned hitting him, there was always 3 meals a day, and they weren't bothered by Tony's nightmares or outbursts. They just sat with him and helped him through it.
Steve and Bucky were overjoyed that Tony was settling in. Yet there was a few things they noticed, the little amount he eats, how he barely sleeps, and how he still hated whenever someone touched him. They didn't expect him to warm up immediately though whenever you laid a finger on him he'd be backing up against a wall. All Bucky could think about what how Tony held his hand in the mall.

It was a Tuesday evening, They had just finished having dinner which was a basic Spaghetti bolognese. Tony had rambled on about how he's Italian and his mum would always let him watch the chefs make pasta. They all took part doing the washing up and drying before splitting off in separate directions for the evening. It must of been about 20 minutes later before they heard a crash in the kitchen, the men ran to the door to see Tony surrounded in shards glass from a cup that had fallen out of the cupboard.

"Stay still Tony." Steve ordered, glancing around to see how much glass there was and where was safe to step,

"I didn't mean to! I promise!'I wanted a drink, I didn't-!" Tony's breathing hitched, and as Steve took a step closer to him he ran round the other side of the table, bits of glass piercing his feet.

"Tony-! Stay still, okay? It'll hurt less. I promise we're not upset." Bucky tried to comfort the boy but fear seemed to have overtaken him. Steve tried to move forward to the boy but Tony ran out of his reach, collecting more glass in his feet and trailing blood on the floor. The pain must have only just hit as he looked down and saw the blood, causing him to freeze. "Tony, i need you to listen. Are you listening? The small brunet looked up giving a nod. "Steves going to pick you up, okay?" Tony's vision bolted to the blonde man now stood next to him.
Within a second Tony was picked up as if he weighed nothing and placed on the kitchen table, his eyes darted between the two men who seemed more concerned about his feet than the mess.
"I'll grab the first aid kit." The blond assured, leaving to grab it from the bathroom.
"You okay, kid? Want anything, water, er.. painkiller?" James moved beside the boy, his eyes fulled with tears as he starred down at the pool of blood beneath him.
"I'm okay." There was a pause before those big brown eyes starred up at the solider. "I'm really sorry, Bucky. Please don't send me back. I like it here."
"Tony.. I'm not, we're not sending you anywhere." Without a second thought Bucky pulled the boy into a embrace, only realising afterward his mistake. Though to his surprise he received a hug back, Tony's head nuzzled into his chest as a sobbed into the dark shirt, the solider looked up to see his husband in the doorway, they exchanged heartfelt smiles before another man joined, cushioning Tony between them. The boy couldn't lie, there was no okay he'd rather be. This was the more comfortable he felt in years.

"Let's get this glass sorted, okay?" Steve parted from the hug, pulling a chair out for himself. He collected the tweezers from the box sitting down, beginning to pull the glass out. Tony squirmed, gripping ahold of Bucky's shirt fabric.

It took awhile to disinfect the wounds and wrap them up in bandage, by the time they were done it was Tony's bedtime, Bucky took him to bed even though the poor boy begged to clean up his mess though his pleads were dismissed. The adults wished him a goodnight and closed his door.

"We're doing it, James we're doing it." Steve whispered with a grin covering his face.

"He said he likes it here." Bucky added, stroking his husbands jaw gently.

"We can't get much better than this." Steve smiled, massaging his husbands shoulder. "Let's go clear that kitchen before Tony sneaks down to do it."