Unexpected News,

It was a bliss morning, the clouds slowly drifted across the blue sky, a warm draft passed through the windows, and the sun left the air feeling warm. The three were sat in the back garden, Tony was lazily going through his maths homework, his eyes tracing the page. Bucky was enjoying the warmth, his head leant on his lovers shoulder while Steve sketched away in his notebook, this was all done in silence until the phone rang. The sudden noise made them all jump slightly, Bucky reached into his pocket to take out his phone frowning slightly she he saw Carol's contact.

"Hello?" He said into the phone, he put it on loud speaker for the rest to hear.

"Hello, i hope your doing well." Her tone was rushed, he could tell she was moving around. "An incident.. not an incident. A.. some news has come up and i need to discuss it with you and your partner."

"You're on loud speaker, we're all here." Bucky added, positioning the phone on the table.

"I believe you'd prefer if i were to come over, speak with you in person." Carol insisted.

"Oh. Well, you're welcome to."

"Are you free today?" She said abruptly, this caused a look of confusion shared on all of their faces.

"I think so, yeah." Steve confirmed.

"I'll be there sometime this afternoon, thank you Mr Barnes, and Rodgers." She hung up the phone and the three gave each other a look of concern.

"Any clue what that could be?" Steve asked, glancing at Tony who had pushed his finished homework to a side.

"No," Tony mumbled, "Do you think something has happened? She sounded worried."

"Hopefully nothing." Bucky tried to lean back onto his husband though he couldn't shake off the look of anxiousness printed on his face.

It was the early afternoon and Tony was eating his lunch in the living room, it wasn't anything special. Only a sandwich with some things on the side, a movie was playing in the background which wasn't too interesting. His parents were still in the garden appreciating the warmth while it lasted. A firm knock was placed on the front door and Tony placed down his food and went to answer the door, it was Carol. (Which he had expected).

"Hi, come in." He welcomed, stepping out the way. "Steve!! Bucky!! Carol's here!!" Tony yelled through the house, then led Carol into the living room.

"How are you doing, Tony?" She smiles softly, sitting down comfortably on the sofa.

"Really good." He answers, "Sorry, i was just eating lunch." Tony quickly moved the plate into the kitchen as his parents made their way through.

"Nice to see you." Steve shakes her hand, sitting on the opposite couch.

Once everyone was settled Bucky decided to start the conversation. "You said there was something important?"

"Well, it depends with how you want to react. Tony's uncle, Obadiah Stane is trying for visits with Tony." Carol didn't seem hopeful of the situation, she had many meeting with him in the past when he tried to fight for custody, he wasn't a nice man.

"Wait, didn't he try to kidnap him previously." Steve interrupted before Carol could continue. "He was seen as unfit to care for him though still took off." Tony tensed just thinking of the memories, Obadiah, or Obie as Tony called him wasn't soft, he took him from Jarvis's arms and carried Tony over his shoulder as he cried.

"Well, yes. He's had prison time, and gone to group lessons which teach people about caring for a child. The court saids he's well enough for visits. That's why he's reaching out now." Carol explained, opening her bag to hand Tony a letter. "He requested i gave this to Tony, there's no restraining order between the two. Though since your legally Tony's parents they'll need your permission for visits."

"When am i supposed to read it?" Tony asked, running his thumb over the letters of his name.

"I'd guess before you made your decision, though it's your choice." Carol added, glancing at the parents who exchanged fearful looks. "It's up to you, whether this continues as a letter process, visits, or nothing at all."

"It's not up to us," Bucky grumbled, feeling worried about Tony's choices and if he'll regret them. "It's Tony's uncle after all."

"You know what you wanna do, bud?" Steve asked, looping a arm around the boy's shoulders.

"Oh. Uh. When do i have to decide by?" Tony chirped, looking up from the envelope.

"Sooner rather than later, though it's no rush." She responds, giving Tony a gentle smile.

"I think i'm going to need a couple days."

It was the next day late in evening, Tony was stuck at his desk writing a essay for English. It wasn't difficult, he had just ran out of paper and was digging in his drawers. That's when the envelope came to view again, he had told himself to wait a few days before reading it though something was just special about it. Obie was the only blood family Tony had left, and he hadn't seen him for 5 years. Tony carefully ripped the v of the paper, pulling it up it to see a lined piece of paper folded inside. He took it out and sat on his bed as he unfolded it.

'Dear Anthony,'

Tony cringed at his first name being used, he hadn't heard it in a while. Maybe once or twice when a teacher called it out by mistake.

'It has been just over five years since we have seen one and other and i'd love to see you again, i have been informed that you were adopted late last year and that is the reason i cannot see you immediately even though i am well to visit. I am the only real family you have left. You know that, you were always bright. I have faced prison time for just wanting to rescue you, to keep you close. You are my nephew and i just want to protect you, i will always want to protect you.

My best wishes, Obie.'

Tony had a ill feeling washing around in his stomach, Obie has around when he was younger, he used to help Tony built things in his dads workshop, take him on walks, and even let him eat fast food. Though the only memories Tony chose to remember were when he was kidnapped, the way he was ripped away from Jarvis and forced into the car, how the drive mostly consisted of Obie screaming curses. And how Obadiah threatened to hurt Tony if the police got any closer.

Tony felt guilty. Could he really avoid his uncle even if he was just trying to protect him? Would this be abandoning Steve and Bucky? No, they were his parents. They'd understand, right? A few visits wouldn't cause any damage. Tony folded the letter back up and tucked it into its envelope tucking it away in the drawer, he jogged down the stairs to where Bucky and Steve were cuddled up on the couch. He moved round into their vision.

"You okay, bud?" Steve yawned, wiping his eye.

"I want to see him." Tony announced, shifting his weight from one foot to the other.

"Oh." Steve paused, Bucky was too tired to fully process what was going on. "Okay, we'll have to text Carol about a visit then."

"Thank you." Tony tried to smile, though it didn't seem to work. A sense of nervousness and discomfort built up in his stomach, the feeling of being dragged away from Jarvis repeated in his chest as he slowly made his way back up the stairs again.