Visits,

A few days into Tony's stay at the hospital Bucky decided to text Rhodey for a suitable time for him and his brother to come visit Tony. Tony was still in a slight drugged state, but he had been for the last few months so what difference did it make? Tony got overly excited when hearing that Rhodey and Stephan were coming to visit, he tried to get out of bed to make himself look more presentable but Bucky ushered him back in telling him that he wouldn't be awake for when they arrived if he continued to drain himself out. That was enough for the teenager to remain in bed, watching a movie on the tiny hospital TV. In all honestly he didn't want to be seen in this condition, when he was draped in a hospital gown and could barely stand up without support. Yet he wasn't going to turn down seeing people that mattered the most.

Finally visiting hours came around and Tony was sat up waiting to see a familiar face, Steve and Bucky felt more at ease than they had in days when they saw Tony become more talkative, the colour may not have come back to his face, nor had his exhaustion passed but he seemed almost well again. When Rhodey walked in they had to restrain Tony from jumping out of bed to hug him.

"Nice to see you too." Rhodey gave a weak grin, walking over and holding Tony in an embrace. Something was obviously off, Tony's overjoyed expression turned to a much more confused one.

"What's up?" He asked, slowly letting his arms fall off Rhodeys back.

"Has mom not told you?" Rhodey asked, his voice becoming gentler and he glanced at all of them.

"No, what's happened?" Steve asked, furrowing his eyebrows as the two had facetimed just a couple days ago, and she had explained that they would have an empty week ahead of them.

"I don't know if i can say it in.. Tony's condition." Rhodey stated, glancing back at his friends now feared expression.

"It's s'not going to make me drop dead on the spot, is it?" Tony argued, not wanting to be addressed as if he were a child who wouldn't understand.

Rhodey sighed, it's as if what he had to say was eating him whole. He dug his hands in his pockets letting his head drop to the floor.

"I've been here for the last few hours already because Stephan got into a car accident last night." Rhodey muttered, glancing up to see the shocked expression. The heart monitor next to Tony increased, his eyes grew wide as he starred in horror.

"Who caused it? Was he driving? Is he here?" Tony started practically yelling questions, pulling himself away from the bed.

"Tony sit down." Bucky ordered, though the teenager ignored it, standing up a bit too quickly and stumbling slightly. "Tony."

"He was driving, texting and driving. He swerved and crashed, his hands are in horrible state and he's still unconscious." Rhodey responded, watching tears well up in Tony's eyes.

"That's not.. he isn't that stupid." Tony argued, raising his hand to point at bestfriend.

"Tony, i don't know what you want me to say." He replied, turning to face the boy. The more he starred the more he realised how ruined he was. and how he was better off not knowing in the first place.

"Is pepper here?" Steve asked, standing up.

"Yeah she's in the room with him."

"Mind showing me?" Rhodey gave him a nod and they left the room, Bucky was still in shock, they knew Stephan to be an intelligent boy. He had always had good common sense in general so why would he go out of his way to text and drive?

"Bucky he's not that stupid." Tony whined, too high to process the news, he was still standing beside the bed. His clumsy limbs occasionally tripping him up.

"Let's sit down, yeah bear?" Bucky choked out, holding Tony's hands to assist him back into bed. Tony was resisting tears, it was a bad habit he seemed to have got from Howard. All Bucky could do was sigh and squeeze his sons hand, too scared of hurting him any further. "It's okay to cry."

"I don't need to cry." Tony hissed, turning his head away from Bucky.

"Sure kid." Bucky whispered, now stroking Tony's hand which was reluctantly leant in his own.

Bucky's phone buzzed, it was a message from Rhodey.

JR:He's awake, i don't think he'd mind Tony's company

A small smile grew on Bucky's face when he read the message. "Tony, hey. Stephans awake." He whispered, incase Tony was asleep. "You want to go up and see him?"

"Yeah!" He practically yelled which surprised Bucky since he was just leant in an lifeless position.

"You'll have to go up in the wheelchair." Bucky noted, glancing at the boy who pulled a face at the idea.

"Fine, we can do that." Tony mumbled, slipping onto the edge of the bed. It took some effort to get Tony comfortable, but when he was they were off. Stephan happened to be 2 floors above Tony in the surgical recovery ward, it wasn't rocket science(which Tony had mastered quite recently,) to click on that he had to have surgery. An overwhelming anxiety seemed to built up in Tony's stomach, too scared that Stephan would be half dead. When they arrived outside the room everyone was seated, Peppers expression was unreadable.

"Hey Tony." Pepper tried to smile though was quickly pushed back into her previous state. "You want to see him?"

"Please." Tony uttered. She gave him a nod and Bucky pushed him into the room and beside the bed.

"You want me to stay?"

"i'll be okay, thanks buck." Tony smiled, watching him leave the room. "Stephan?" A small groan was heard, Tony quickly removed himself from the wheelchair though once again stumbled.

"This feels like some shitty nightmare." Stephan mumbled, staring at Tony with watery eyes. "My hands Tony, i can't proceed with neurosurgery." Stephans voice cracked.

"Stephan." Tony sighed, placing a shaky hand on his bruised cheek before climbing into the small hospital bed beside him and holding him close to his chest.  Suddenly in Tony's eyes his own situation seemed childish to sulk over.