Unexpected news(2)

It took a couple weeks to arrange a date for Tony to finally meet his uncle again, he couldn't decide whether he regretted his decision to meet him or not. Yes he was the only blood relative he had left, but Tony no longer saw him as family as such. He was a distant memory caught in the back of his mind. Their times together seemed to morph into a blur.

The car ride to the park was petrifying, Bucky and Steve were close to silent, the radio was off, Tony was picking at his nails after promising himself he'd try to control the habit, which he had successfully done for awhile. It didn't take long for them to pull up into a rocky car park connected to a brightly coloured park, the flowers seemed to overflow through the fence.

"Ready?" Bucky asked, glancing in the rear view mirror at the boy who seemed mentally absent.

"Mhm." Tony hummed, scared his voice would crack if he said anything more. Tony slipped out of the car as well as his parents behind him, and he immediately noticed to expensive looking car with that one customised number plate, at first he sighed at the sight, though a small part of him felt comforted, not everything had changed. Yet his thoughts were interrupted by a the car door opening, Obie stepped out. His overall appearance hadn't altered much other than a few more wrinkles and that he had slightly more weight on him. He wasn't dressed for the occasion, wearing a navy suit while Tony simply wore a half zip-up turtle neck and jeans. (And that was him making an effort).

"Anthony!" The older man called, smiling at the younger boys presence, he looked as if he were about to open his arms though once seeing the boys stiffness he redirected himself to just walk closer. "How are you, my boy?"

"M'Alright Obadiah." Tony tried to smile, though he could physically feel the strain on his face. "How have you been?"

"As well as i can be. What happened to uncle Obi?" The man practically whined, Bucky and Steve felt as if they could lecture the man already how to talk to their son.

"Grew up." Tony attempted to say in an teasing tone.

"Nice to meet you." Bucky said through his gritted teeth, leaning over to shake Obadiah's hand. The man shook it glancing at both the soldiers.

"You must be Tony's adoptive father. And a friend?" At that comment Bucky felt the urge to punch him in the nose.

"Husbands, we're Tony's dads. I'm Steve, and my partner is James." Steve was going to have to lead this due to Bucky's already angered self. Obadiah resisted pulling a face, he wasn't going to say anything yet his posture shifted to a more uncomfortable figure.

"Ah, right." He practically sighed. "Well, me and Tony can head for this walk and we'll get back to you later." The older man smiled, placing a hand on the boys shoulder.

"Going off alone? We didn't say anything about alone?" Bucky blurted out, his mind running faster than his mouth.

"I presumed that would be expected, i have the papers to prove i'm stable. I wouldn't lay a finger on my nephew." Obadiah snapped, his grip lightly tightening on Tony's shoulder, making the boy wince.

"Look, we're doing it for his own safety. You wouldn't let him go off with someone you weren't familiar with. Right?" Steve's softer tone didn't help much with the accusation.

"I'd like to have this short time alone with him, i haven't seen Anthony for years." Although that was Steve's point, they knew he wouldn't give up his 'alone time' with their son.

"An hour, and don't leave the park." Bucky growled, gently rubbing circles in Tony's back when he realised his uneven breathing.

"Alright, we shall see you in an hour." Obadiah started walking off, and Tony gave a soft look back at his dads. He didn't hang around long enough to say anything though. He hurried off after his uncle, struggling to keep up with his walking pace.