First Meetings,

"Y'know Tony, I have high hopes for this one." Tony's social worker, Carol called out with a smile. She said that a lot, and a lot of the time she was wrong. The boy shrugged, still holding his backpack to his chest as he starred out the window at the country roads. He'd recently been diagnosed with anxiety and depression, that on top of his heart problems was difficult to manage, medication had to remain a strict routine though was rarely followed. Yet music always comforted him when he was down. "Their names are Steve and James, they're a married couple that have been looking to foster for a while, just waiting for the right kid." Silence lasted between them, his stomach twisted in nervousness. What if he wasn't the 'right kid'?

"Tones? You okay?" She questioned, glancing in the rereview mirror at him. He hummed in return but didn't move his vision to glance back at her.

After another 20 minutes they arrived at a country home, surrounded by woods and wild nature. A red pickup truck sat at the front of the house with plenty of chopped wood, Tony was already making his assumptions about the men. What if they were lumberjacks and were never home? What if they liked to hunt? What if they owned a gun?

"This look's cosy." Carol added, sliding out of the car with some paperwork in hand. Tony was on the bridge of puking, he always felt this way before meeting anyone new. Though this house was so isolated, if they were to hurt him nobody could come to his rescue. He slid out of the car, pulling his shirt down before he  gripped the handle of his backpack following behind Carol to the door.

"You're going to do great, Tony." She brushed his hair out of his face, making him flinch at the sudden contact, her eyes fell into a more sympathetic state before giving the boy a sad smile and knocking on the door. A few seconds passed before a tall blonde man answered the door, he was well built (quite a intimidating figure), with a messy beard, the man who stood just behind him was just as well built, though a slight bit shorter with some stubble but nothing more, as well as his hair being in a bun. At this point Tony felt as if he were doomed, he'd felt more comfortable with women over the last few years so two large men wasn't his ideal home.

"Carol, isn't it? The blonde man shook her hand.

"Yes, Steve?" She confirmed before receiving a nod.

"This is Bucky, well. James." Steve shuffled to the other side of the doorway slightly to make his husband more visible.

"Nice to meet you." Carol nodded, before gently pushing Tony's back forward. The first thing Steve noticed was how much younger Tony appeared, he knew he was 12 thought he looked much closer to 9. Maybe it was the height, since he was short.

"Hello Anthony." Bucky grinned, leaning in the doorway.

"Oh! Why don't you tell them what you like to be called?" She glanced down at him, though Tony just starred up at her. He felt a lump forming in his throat as discomfort rushed over his face. "Come on," she whispered with a weak smile. He took a deep breath.

"S'its Tony." He mumbled, now starring at the floor.

"Nice to meet you Tony." Steve smiled. "Any more paperwork?" Hinting at what Carol was holding.

"Only medical details and numbers." Carol handed the paper to Steve who gave it a brief glance and nodded. Ashe glanced at her watch before bending down beside Tony.

"Got to go now Tones. Call me if you need anything, okay?" He shook his head, he didn't want to be left. He wanted Carol to take him if anything. Carol gave him a sad smile before standing up again. "Nice to meet you both. Everything you need to know should be in the folders and the email."

"Thank you. Have a safe drive." Bucky nodded, stepping out the way of the doorway. They exchanged a small smile before she walked back to her car, Tony just starred at her leaving him again. It wasn't fair, why did he get left behind? Once she was gone, and her car was out of sight Steve placed a hand on the boys shoulder, which led to Tony quickly shaking him off and stumbling backwards.

"Woah! You're okay buddy." Steve chuckled as a pair of concerned brown eyes starred at him with fear. "Let's get you inside." Tony slowly nodded, edging in behind Bucky.

"Let's talk in the living room." Bucky confirmed with Steve before heading down the corridor. The men both sat on one of the large brown leather sofas before Tony could sit on the opposite one.

"I'm Bucky, he's Steve. We've been looking for somebody to foster for awhile, so we hope you're okay with us." He smiled gently, placing a hand on his husbands knee. "Were both ex military, so no matter what you'll be safe with us. We want you to know that, our aim is to supply you a safe home."

"S'What part in the military did you work?" Tony made a short second of eye contact before staring down at the floor again. It was obvious both the men weren't expecting that question.

"Oh. well Steve worked in the 1st infantry division, and I was in the 107th infantry regiment."

"My dad made weapons." Tony added, placing his backpack on the floor beside his feet which were slightly hovering above the ground.

"That's interesting, anything else you want us to know about you?" Steve placed his hand on top of Bucky's, intertwining their fingers. "Or any questions?"

Tony shrugged, starting to pick at his nails which already appeared to be ruined. "I really don't like onions." This led to both the men laughing, Tony starred up wondering what he had done wrong. His posture straightened and that familiar lump rose in his throat again. "Did i say something?."

"Sorry Tony." Bucky said through his chuckles. "We were just as nervous as you are, and that was just not expected."

"Anything else you'd like us to know?" Steve said with a quick sigh, not wanting to boy to feel that discomfort any longer.

"Im 4 grades higher than the average." His voice was a lot more fragile this time, keeping his eyes locked on his nails.

"4 grades?"
They received a hum, one similar to what he gave Carol in the car.

"That is, really, really impressive Tony!" Steve said with a shocked expression, "We're yet to finish reading your files. So that's a surprise for us. Be proud, that's amazing." Tony secretly loved the praise, it was rare for him to experience such attention. Though he just responded with a simple nod. A moment of silence lasted between them until Bucky spoke.

"We do have some rules though, nothing too bad."

Hairs stood up on Tony's neck. Some rules were understandable, though others that he's had to follow have been hell.

"Bedtimes, 9, maybe 10pm on school nights, we don't like too many screens before bed. Dinner we always like to eat together,"

"And maybe some help cleaning up? It'll become habit over time but a bit of teamwork doesn't hurt."

"If you're going to hang out with friends, we'd like to have some way to get in contact with you."

"When it comes to swearing, please don't be too rude. We know your going to do it anyway."

"That's all, right? All the main ones anyway. That sound good Tony?" Bucky confirmed, pure amazement was on the boys face. He expected much more from them.

"Yes sir." He nodded quickly.

"You can drop the sir, Bucky's fine."