Visits(2),

It was hard to remove Tony from Stephan, from the moment he woke up he was prying away trying to check on him even when Steve would reassure him he was well. As much as Bucky was worried for Stephan he was more scared that Tony wasn't getting enough rest or dosage. The sudden activity had him collapsing out of exhaustion in the evening.

"Tony, just one bed rest day?" Bucky suggested, placing his hand on Tony's shoulder.

"I'm fine." Tony argued, frowning at Bucky's concern before draping a hoodie over himself.

"Don't look at your father like that, he has a good point. Could you just consider staying in bed?" Steve piped up, glancing up from his armchair.

"I'm just saying i'm okay to visit him! I go up and i sit down for the whole day." Tony slumped against the wall crossing his arms. "I just want to see him."

"I understand that, but looking at this more logical-" Steve was interrupted.

"No, I know what my body can handle." Tony snarled.

"You didn't when we walked into this hospital." Steve barked, standing up from the arm chair. There was a long pause, Bucky starred at the two of them hoping that neither lost their temper. The tension in the air continuing to grow thicker the longer the silence remained.

"I'm going." Tony uttered, limply walking out of the room. Steve glanced at his husband who was now sitting down on the hospital bed.

"I'm sorry." Steve sighed, letting his head drop to stare at the floor. "I'm tired, we're all exhausted. I just want to go home."

"Yeah, i know. I know." Bucky sighed, giving Steve the best smile he could. "I'm debating wether this hospital is trying to take our money by funding his drug addiction." They both shared a few chuckles, the first time they had in the last few days.

"It'll get better soon, it has to." Steve sighed, tipping his head up to give Bucky a hopeful look.

"Yeah." Bucky sighed. "Let's go catch up to the cripple."

Tony was sat in an armchair in Stephans room, the last few days Stephan had been quieter, too mad with himself to even process how he was affecting people around him.

"You need anything?" Tony asked, feeling useless with where he was placed.

"Could you brush my hair? I.. i cant hold the brush." Stephan admitted, glancing at Tony with a guilty expression as if he were a burden to the boy.

"Course i can." Tony weakly smiled, slowly getting up to search for the brush.

"Over there."

"Oh, thanks." Tony grabbed the brush having to kneel on the edge of the bed, he tried to brush the older ones hair as carefully as possible too scared of hurting him. "You want to know something?"

"What's that?"

"Your hair reminds me of a shorter, messier version of Gandalf." Tony almost sighed of relief when he heard a few laughs come from Stephan, the joke was a mildly harsh one and more than likely not appropriate for his situation.

"Where'd that come from? You think i look like a wizard?" Stephan chuckled.

"Yeah, i'll change your contact name to that."

"You better not." Stephan warned, tilting his head back to see Tony.

"Watch me." Tony teased. "I think your mane is contained for now."

"Thank you, Tony." Stephan smiled, leaning back again. "I'll have to get a barber cut soon."

"You don't trust me with scissors?" Tony put a false hurt expression on.

"Definitely not." Stephan confirmed.

"Fuck off." Tony laughed, sitting himself back down.

"The one and only has arrived!" Rhodey announced walking in.

"Rhodey!" Tony cheered.

"James." Stephan smiled at his brothers appearance, and the crappy food he was carrying.

It was enjoyable to have quality time as the three of them, the conversation varied from people in the year to random stories. From memories to predictions, it was ironic how they were having some of their deepest conversations they had ever had inside a hospital.

A nurse warned the boys of the time, directing her attention at Tony to go back down to his room. He grumbled at having to say goodbye, but gave Rhodey and Stephan a quick hug before limping out of the room. He wanted to avoid Steve and Bucky so he wouldn't have to suffer a lecture, he passed Steve who he saw arguing with a vending machine but there was no sight of Bucky. Even when he got back to the room there wasn't a sign of him, it seemed emptier without the two men. Not just in a physical aspect, the TV wasn't playing, the window wasn't opened ready, there wasn't snacks on the table.  "Oh," Tony sighed, climbing into bed himself which seemed easier than he recalled. It took another 10 minutes for Steve to return, he had a half eaten chocolate bar in his mouth as he struggled with closing the door with his phone in hand. "Where's Bucky?" Tony asked.

"He wanted to go home, he couldn't take being here this evening." Steve answered. "We're all a bit tired, but maybe he'll come in tomorrow."

"Maybe?" Tony questioned, Bucky had been the one to tuck him in even if it made him cringe, he fluffed up his pillows, he brought him food, he held his hand if he couldn't sleep, he asked for a higher dosage if he thought Tony was in too much discomfort. Bucky promised to always be there, as if the world depended on it.

"It's taken a toll on him, we can try calling him if-"

"No, don't worry. He needs to rest." Another wave of guilt rolled over Tony as he realised how he'd impacted his loved ones. "How are you?"

Steve acted taken aback at the question, it was a comedic move but Tony was serious. "Oh, i'm tired, yeah. Otherwise i'll be okay, the nurses advised us both to go home and leave you for the night but Bucky demanded to stay if i were to go."  Steve sat down in the arm chair, pulling over another chair to use for his feet.

"I'm sorry, night Steve." Tony rolled over, feeling his lip shake. He didn't know if it was the medication making him feel guilty or just his emotions.

"Sorry? Tony are you okay?" Steve questioned, glancing at the boy who had now fully covered himself with the blanket. "Tony what's up?" Steve begrudgingly stood up to uncover Tony, it wasn't hard to notice the tears now streaming down his face. "What's wrong? Does it hurt?" Steve practically cradled Tony trying to adjust him to be more comfortable.

"I'm fine, you can go home." Tony tried to smile but it became twisted and formed into messy frown. "I promise." Tony practically sobbed. Steve held the boy to his chest, hushing him every few seconds for a couple minutes.

"Tony, what's going on?" Steve whispered.

"It's my fault."