Never suffering alone,

What Tony didn't expect when going clean was the physical pain, whether it was muscle aches to slurred speech, or flu-like symptoms to pure exhaustion. He could wake up in extreme pain though still choose to battle this alone, he didn't want sympathy and he wasn't going to expect it, so there in his room he stayed. He consumed enough painkillers to lead him to the bridge of an overdose. He wouldn't admit that, instead he'd say its an old packet and he needed one for an headache. Tony now had a lot of times to come up with excuses.
He flipped himself over and over again, the straining in his stomach making him want to cry out and his fever which seemed to remain at its high temperature.

"Tony!" Steve called from downstairs, he made a breakfast wrap for him to try encourage him to eat more, if it were working or not he couldn't decide. Yet it was nice to see Tony eating full meals again. "Tony!" Steve called again when he realised there was no movement. Bucky had gone to work and he was typically the one to check on Tony, but Steve knew if he didn't go up there collect the boy nobody would. He jogged up the stairs planting a knock on the door. "Tony, i made some food." He received a groan in return which made him chuckle, Steve saw it as an indication to open the door. Yet when he saw the sweat covered pale teenager curled up in a ball, his knees to his chest and he applied pressure to his stomach, and his head buried into the cushion. "Hey, what's up?" The man hurried over to sit on the edge of the bed.

"s'hurts." The boy whimpered, "I just..er need a painkiller." Steve rotated himself to see the practically empty box.

"How much have you taken?" Steve asked with an obvious concerned tone.

"S'barely nothinn'" Tony responded squeezing his eyes shut. "Old box."

"Tony we dont buy new boxes very often." Steve sighed, letting his head drop to stare at his lap.

"Oh." Tony choked back, now resisting tears.

"These can probably cause what you're going through if you've had this much." Steve stated, giving Tony an honest look.

"It just h'ss" Tont whimpered, burrowing his head out of sight.

"I don't know what to do.. it wasn't this bad last week." Steve mumbled.

"Im okay," Tony whined.

"You're obviously not, kiddo." Steve placed his palm on Tony's forehead. Immediately he felt that he was burning up. "What's happened?" Steve asked, still clueless of what's caused the severity situation. All Tony could do was grumble in response. "Do we need to go to the hospital?"

"No!" Tony practically yelled.

"Okay, calm down. Let's get you downstairs." Tony shuffled towards the end of the bed, holding onto Steve's shoulder for support. The second his feet touched the floor his buckled over, feeling as if he couldn't support himself. It was instant that Steve picked Tony up, having him cradled in his arms. "I think we need to call a doctor." Steve said, walking out of the room and down the stairs.

"I don't 'eed an doctor." Tony argued, feeling the pain become more bearable when he was lifted.

"It doesn't seem like that." Steve sighed, placing Tony leant down on the sofa and sitting beside him. "We're going to wait till Bucky's home, and he'll probably decide. okay?"

"Yeah." Tony hissed, bringing his legs to his chest. Steve grabbed a pillow to place in his lap, he shuffled over gently lifting Tony's head to place on top. The teenager seemed content with the change, he rocked around for a few minutes fighting to battle with his stomach before dozing off out of exhaustion. Steve ran his fingers through Tony's hair, it wasn't something he could do often so it was pleasant to have his son close to him. He had completely forgotten about the breakfast he had made and the fact he had open paint in his office. Though at that moment it didn't matter, he switched the TV on and turned subtitles on so Tony could continue to rest.

The front door was open and Steve did his best to cover Tony's ears and Bucky called. "Im home!"
He walked into the living room and paused for a second, he hadn't even been able to hug Tony until a few weeks ago. "What's this?" He said lowering his voice with a smile on his face.

"He's not well." Steve responded, "He was crying in pain."

"Oh." Bucky expression changed before he walked over examining the boy who seemed content. "Do you know why?"

"He was taking a lot of painkillers for the pain, probably something to do with getting clean im not entirely sure. We only talked for a bit before he fell asleep."

"Is a doctor necessary?" Bucky asked hesitantly, crouching down to stroke the boy's hair.

"He doesn't want one."

"Isn't that useful." A small smile appeared on Bucky's face when he starred at the resting boy. "Ill talk with him some more about it when he wakes up."

"Thank you." Steve smiled, Bucky got up giving Steve a quick kiss before going to take an shower.

(sorry not the best chapter, been busy lately<3)