Parties(2),

Tony woke up in an empty bed, he immediately recognised the bedroom to his parents though couldn't remember how he had got there. That's when it set in, he was drinking. His head was pounding and his eyelids were heavy, god he was hungover. His arms were draped over the edge of the bed, and his joints were incredibly sore to move. He managed to slip out of bed and limp his way out of the room to find that nobody was upstairs, his bedroom door was closed as usual and the bathroom door was wide open hinting that it was empty. He couldn't face Steve and Bucky, he'd lied, he had betrayed them, though he wasn't stupid enough to think he could hide forever. The boy tiptoed down the stairs though still couldn't avoid the creaking, he appeared small as the shirt he was wearing was far to big for him giving the illusion he was only a child, which he was.

"Sit." Steves ordered, his voice was blunt as he was sat on the sofa with a fresh cup of coffee in hand. Tony didn't need to verbally respond, he just sat down on the other side crossing his legs. A moment of silence lasted as Bucky joined them, though he sat in the arm rest to keep his distance.

"What, What we're you thinking?" Steve turned to him, though Tony couldn't look back. He felt guilty, he hated lying though he just wanted to fit in for once. "Answer me!" Steve raised his voice making Tony jump.

"I don't know, i'm sorry." Tony babbled, picking at his nails which appeared to be grown out over the last few months.

"No, you do know. You planned it all out after all, you knew every, single, risk." Steve yelled, raising from the sofa starting to pace back and forth.

"Could you, lower your voice please." Tony squeaked, he knew he didn't have the right to ask though Steve's booming made his ears ring.

"Are you really asking me that?" Steve exclaimed, pausing in his tracks.

"Steve." Bucky sighed, gripping his nose bridge. "Why'd you lie? Do we scare you, Do you feel you need to avoid the truth with us?"

"Not at all! I just.. i don't know what came over me, i was led away by a pretty gi-" Tony was quickly interrupted by Steve's angry tone.

"So this is about a girl? You have a little crush and the next thing you know if that your chasing her into her into a bedroom, what did you expect you were going to-"

"Steve!" Bucky belted, his eyes wide as he starred at his husband with horror.

"I just.. she seemed nice and she wanted to introduce me to people. They offered me a drink.. and i wanted to impress them." Tony admitted, he starred at his lap too guilt ridden to look at his parents.

"I can't believe you." Steve spat. "When you left this house i trusted you! I fully believed that you would do the right things, meet the right people! But i will admit i was so, so wrong. Is this your plan now? Go out drinking? Did you even think about your heart problems?! That this could lead to so much worse!  Tony i didn't adopt thi-"

"Steve!" Bucky barked, knowing if Steve went too far is would break Tony.

"Did you take any drugs?" Steve finally asked, he dreaded the question because he simply wasn't sure of the answer.

"No! I promise no, i don't. No." The boy whined, finally looking up at Steve who had tears in his eyes.

"Right, okay. We've confiscated your phone, you get it when you go to school though we get it back after. Your laptop is for homework only, bedtime is an hour earlier. And Stephan and Rhodey can't come round." Steve's voice had calmed, he collapsed back on the sofa with his palm supporting his head.

"Okay.. i'm gonna.."

"No Tony, wait." Bucky hummed, looking up at the boy who looked as if he wished for the ground to eat him whole. "You know why we're reacting like this, right?" No response, just a blank expression. "Tony we love you, so much." It was as if a weight was taken off the boy, his body language became less tense and his eyebrows raised slightly. It looked as if it was his first time hearing those words. "We care, we want the best. Punishments will only last a month, you're a good kid at heart. Go shower."

"Thank you," Tony gave a weak smile, quickly getting up which he regretted as he tumbled slightly. Bucky reached out to help him though he stepped away. "I got it." Tony managed to get up the rest of the stairs without problem.

Once he was out of sight Bucky got up, walking towards the kitchen. "James-"

"Don't you dare." He snapped. "What was that? 'Chasing a girl into a bedroom', he's thirteen! You're  sick." Bucky covered his face with his palms, still processing the conversation.

"It could of happened! We don't even know what happened, what if he did something, buck? Huh? Or are you blocking that all out and imagining him as your innocent little boy! He has a past for this stu-"

"That was before he got here. He's gone through shit that he will NOT want to go through again. So, don't. You. Dare. Speak like that." Bucky practically snarled, raising his pointer finger at Steve.

"We're too soft." Steve growled, walking round the island to be in front of a Bucky.

"He's recovering from his past still. Let him enjoy the rest of his childhood without being beaten down." Bucky spoke through his gritted teeth.

"He needs to learn, we can't let him get away with everything, we need a better punishment. Not physical just-."

"He's got his punishments, we will stick to them and he'll learn over time."

"Why are you so unbothered by this?!" Steve yelled, Tony would most definitely be able to hear them. 

"Me? Me unbothered? I'm the one who stayed up throughout the night to make sure he didn't choke on puke! You know what, fuck off. Your on the couch tonight." Bucky turned away, heading to the stairs.

"James, james. Come on. James don't storm off."

"Don't talk to me."

"Okay, i'm sorry! Everything i said was wrong. Come on, we can't let Tony suffer with negative parents."

"What do you want, one minute you want to be harsh on him the next you want to shower him in love!"

"James i'm sorry."

"I need a minute."

Bucky was sat in his room, well. Their room, his back was against the headboard as he groaned in frustration. A gentle knock was placed against the door.

"Go away Steve." He grunted, though the door cracked open to reveal Tony standing there.

"Not Steve." He mumbled, stepping in.

"Sorry Tones." Bucky replied, trying to fix his tone.

"I heard the arguing." Tony slid beside Bucky in the bed.

"Sorry, didn't want you to hear."

"I know, sorry for eavesdropping." He whispered, placing his head on the man's shoulder. "Thank you, for protecting me."

"Steve does care Tony, he's just stressed. Never had a kid before." Bucky sighed, pressing a kiss against Tony's heads

"m' know. He's not wrong, i have a history with it all."

"Don't say that Tones, you're a kid you don't deserve any of the horrible crap you went through."

"I used to do voluntarily do things for attention." Tony stated bluntly, twitching at the memory .

"C'mere buddy," Bucky sighed, opening his arms. Tony shuffled around melting into the embrace. "You didn't know any better, Tones, look at you now. You're doing great."

"Bucky?" Tony mumbled.

"Yeah kiddo?"

"I love you." Bucky felt as if his heart melted at those words, he held Tony tighter closing his eyes.

"Love you too, Kiddo." They stayed like that for a moment, just huddled together. Though when James opened his eyes again in the doorway was Steve, though once their eyes met he left again. Bucky would never understand how someone so close could feel so far so quickly.