Doctors appointment(2),

Steve and Bucky paced the hallways, still waiting for an doctor or nurse to inform them on Tony's condition. Steve begged the nurses for information but they refused to give him any as Tony was still under testing. Bucky couldn't shake the image of Tony getting CPR preformed on him, how his body laid limp and his pulse dropped, the way he was forcefully taken away from him. Bucky knew it was a horrible habit parents had, and even if he hadn't had Tony since birth, he still saw that little boy whenever he looked at the teenager.

"I cant stay awake." Steve sighed, holding onto his blinks for an extra second. The plastic waiting room chairs weren't the most comfortable, and the two didn't want to be disrespectful and snatch the cushioned ones due to the injured needing them more.

"Lean on my shoulder then." Bucky responded, "Ill stop pacing." The brunet had been up and down, fear running his body as he didn't know where to situate himself.

"Buck, you have to be tired by now." Steve muttered, glancing at his husband. Bucky was tired, exhausted even, the bags under his eyes and the way his body sagged only proved the theory.

"Ill go to sleep once i know Tony is okay." Bucky grumbled, adjusting his posture to be straighter. "Now close your eyes and lean on me." He ordered quietly.

There was no news for another hour, the time they got there was 3pm and now it was coming up to 9. What was meant to have been a quick appointment had now led to an extensive investigation on Tony's body, even if the cause was more than obvious. Nurses constantly passed them, making the couples eyes light up thinking they were coming in there direction, though only to turn to another family who came hours after them. Bucky had given into his exhaustion and had his head leant in Steve's chest, he refused to flow his eyes though. He wasn't going to give in if his life depended on it. Steve was texting Pepper, he had explained the situation completely unloading how he felt. Pepper was quick to ask if he was okay, and if they needed her to drop off anything. He was tempted to say yes, yet because it was late and she has her own kids to worry about he decided to tell her they were okay.

"Mr Barnes and Mr Rogers?" A young man called out, "Mr Barnes and Mr Rogers?" He repeated.

"Here, here." Bucky called, pulling himself off Steve's shirt and getting up, refusing to let his aching limps stop him.

"Come on." Steve yawned, placing a hand on his husbands back to support him. They moved over to the man sluggishly trying not to loose their temper over the weight.

"Im aware you've been here for awhile, sorry about that. The tests on Anthony dragged out a bit." The young doctor tilted to the side slightly trying to make the situation more relaxed.

"Don't you have to ask us for permission for you to preform tests on our son?" Steve cocked an eyebrow, slightly snarling at the man.

"Due to his condition we were in a rush, and you signed consent when going into the appointment he previously had." The doctor stated, lifting a few papers on his clipboard. Steve gave Bucky a glance before turning back to the man. "Im sure you're eager to hear about Anthony."

"Get on with it." Bucky snapped.

"We had to narrow down the issue, we thought something was cancerous but we realised it wasn't. His pulse kelt dropping dramatically, and he was having gasping fits. Summing it all up, Anthony has acute kidney failure because of his substance abuse." The doctor rambled, noticing the two mens facial features soften. "He will more than likely grow to suffer more as his brain isn't enough oxygen. We are aware of his intelligence, but you might want to treat it with a pinch of salt since his memory and concentration skills wont be as accurate."

"This.. isn't something you can cure?" Bucky asked, trying not to seem too shocked.

"Yes, luckily enough you caught it. It could of been more severe such as kidney damage. It may complicate his heart conditions, were expecting it to be okay though. This condition is reversible, he will need to stay 2 days to 2 weeks in hospital though." A look of relief washed over the two mans faces, their features relaxed as they leant on one and other. "He is awake if you would like to see him."

"Yes please." Bucky responses eagerly, tightening his grip on Steve's hand which he had been holding for the last few minutes. They were led down a corridor to a room, the door was open snd Tony was inside, clenching and unclenching his hand. "Hey, bear." Bucky cooed, walking in with a grin.

"Cant keep me off drugs now." Tony goofily smiled, making Bucky feel much more relaxed. Bucky pressed a kiss on the teenagers head, wanting to climb into the bed and cradle him but now wanting to seem too attached. "Can we go home now? I promised Stephan and Rhodey i'd ride down to their house.. was it today or tomorrow? I can still make it."

"Not today bud, i told Pepper that your not doing so great. I think she'll pass on the message." Steve responded, smiling at Tony's presence.

"Oh. Can i message Stephan then?" Tony asked, glancing round for his phone. "To piss off Rhodey."

"Would that be good, he's obviously on extreme painkillers. Would it hurt his eyes?" Bucky whispered to Steve.

"I got an idea." Steve smiled, picking up the phone. "You tell me what to type, kay?" Steve unlocked the phone swiping to messages.

"M'k." Tony said while stretching out. "Hey Stephan, you win the bet. Not giving you $10 dollars though, too high for that. visit me, you too Rhodey"

"That all?" Steve checks, a weak nod from Tony is his queue to send it.

"You know you might be here awhile?" Bucky saids, sitting down in a chair beside the bed.

"Can we just go home?" Tony whines pleadingly.

"I wish bear." Bucky sighs.