Nightmares,

Tony tried to seem undisturbed by the questions shot at him, he tried as hard as he physically could. Though the way he leant down in his bed debating them, feeling the room seem smaller and the air thin. They were mere words, why did it affect him so much? Why was there a tightening feeling in his chest? He was the one who wanted to respond to the media.
He tossed around in bed searching for his phone and when finally finding it folded in his duvet he made the choice to see how the media responded to his appearance, some people called him skinny claiming his parents were starving him, others said they needed to leave him alone. tony could only that Obadiah and the press would back for now. He placed his phone on the bedside table and tried to close his eyes, and after many different attempted positions the boy could finally relax into one.

Blurred images crossed his mind, different memories of what he used to endure with his father. The red carpet, flashy cameras, the fake smiling. All of what Tony was told to avoid. Men and woman in crowds yelling that he would never live up to the name, the dream became more twisted with the feeling of being backed into a corner by his own father when he had lost his temper.
"Tony! You listen, everything, everything i work for will never be wasted on you, a stupid, irresponsible, twit."

Tony woke up gasping out of fear, balls of sweat collecting on his forehead as he shot glares around the room. Nothing had changed, his window was cracked open and phone beside him, the door was closed and the lights were off except for his desk lamp which was presenting an diagram for a experiment he was working on.

"Oh," He sighed, his anxiety creeping down before sliding out of bed. His senses felt numb, on his way out of the room he walked into the wall, pausing for a moment to realise why his reactions were so delayed before opening the door. The floorboards were cold under his feet, too cold. He shivered slightly in the hallway, the only think supplying him light was a small window facing the woods which illuminated the hallway. He balled his hand into a first and gave the door a gentle knock hoping for the sound of someone's voice.

There wasn't a response, Tony didn't feel as if it were his place to enter, though out of the blue light leaked from under the crack of the door, and Tony pushed down the handle. Bucky was lying in bed beside Steve slightly propped up on his arm.

"You okay?" The man whispered, obviously just woken up.

"I uh.. had a nightmare." Tony admitted, feeling his voice squeak a little in vulnerability. Bucky nodded, wiping his own hair back before shuffling back in the bed.

"Come on," He whispered, picking up the corner of the blanket welcoming Tony under the covers. He hesitated at first, yet gave in and tip-toed over to the bed sliding himself onto the mattress. He decided to face Bucky and received a small smile on his face. "What was it about? The nightmare." Bucky said in a small, but raspy voice.

"Howard." Tony responded. "Well, started off with the press but then i got flashbacks of Howard."

"Ah.." Bucky hummed, fighting his eyes to stay open. "Anything in particular, did today.." He yawned, then pulled a face trying to recall what he was saying. "Trigger it?"

"Definitely, people online have mixed opinions and i don't want to keep fighting for their opinions." Tony tried to remain soft spoken, though occasionally his voice piped up.

"Then don't kiddo, you don't need to do 'nothin." Bucky smiled, placing a hand on Tony's cheek before pulling him into a embrace. Tony chuckled slightly, hugging Bucky while taking a mental note that he was most definitely wearing one of Steve's shirts.

"I'm sorry for waking you." Tony apologised, his face still hurried into the crook of Bucky's neck.

"Don't be, anything for my boy." Bucky trailed off, his grip loosening on Tony as he began falling back into a slumber which only took a couple minutes. Tony was scared to disturb him further, he pulled himself away switching the light off before hearing another voice.

"Buddy, what's up?" Steve grumbled, his voice much less raspy than Bucky's.

"Nightmare, just had a hug with Bucky. Sorry for waking you." Tony smiled at the blonde man, even though he could barely see his silhouette.

"Stay, you can talk to me about it. Bucky isn't as much as a night owl as he used to be." Tony didn't need a lot of convincing, he walked back over and decided to lie between to two men so they could get out of bed easier if they were to wake up before him. "Any details that are significant?"

"Hmm.. Howard yelling." Tony mumbled, getting comfortable.

"Saying what?"

"S'not good enough. Me, i'm not. basically." Tony whispered, now feeling a lot more tense recalling the dream.

"You know that's not true, bud." Steve assured, placing his forehead against Tony's. "You're a great kid."

"Sure, you say it all the time."

"That's 'cus its true." Steve chuckled, closing his eyes. "On a serious note, tones. If there's ever anything, i'm here to talk. Or hit, if you need to like hit someone's hand. After asking though."

"God you're an idiot sometimes, i won't be hitting you." Tony smiled, feeling his eyes forcefully drift closed. Steve must of clicked on because he carefully tucked Tony in and placed a kiss on the top of his head.

"Night kiddo, sweet dreams."