Recognised,

Steve had tried keep all news off, radio, tv, and tried to restrict what Tony saw online but that was out of his reach. Tony was dreading school, he was aware his face and name was across some trending headlines, some people have to of had to have been aware of it.

"You ready for today, kiddo?" Steve asked, pulling into the school car park.

"Sure, I don't think anything will change out of the ordinary." Tony shrugged, stretching slightly. He tried to seem unfazed about the situation but deep down he knew how severe it could grow.

"Good on you bud." Bucky smiled, glancing back at Tony. Bucky's expression quickly faltered when he noticed a news truck in the school car park towards the entrance, the school wasn't popular, nobody would feature a interview im a crappy small town high school, right? Was it a one off? He could see Tony's face scrunched you at the sight of it, though nobody decided to say anything. "Have a good day Tony." Bucky said, glancing back at him again.

"Yeah.. well. See you later." Tony tried to smile back, but his expression was obviously uncomfortable.

"See you," Steve sighed, too engrossed in the news van. It was for a popular program which they occasionally watch themselves, it aired all around the US 6 days a week. Tony slipped out the car, sliding his backpack on and making his way to the entrance. The two remained in the car watching him walk in to make sure he was okay, that's when they noticed the staring eyes and after another second man and woman approaching him, one with a large camera on their shoulder and the other with a microphone in hand.

"Shit." Bucky mumbled, slipping out of the car. Steve didn't hesitate to follow Bucky's actions, staying close behind his husband as they jogged to the entrance, a ring of students formed around Tony and the news reporters, making it harder for Bucky and Steve to catch sight of what was happening.

"Excuse me." Tony hummed, trying to push passed them.

"Would you mind answering a few questions?" The woman spoke into the microphone before holding it to Tony's mouth.

"Yes i would." The boy grunted, trying to look for an escape.

"Are you aware that your uncle believes you're in a abusive household?" The woman asked anyway, pressing the microphone back against Tony's mouth. It only look another second for Bucky to push through the circle and hold Tony behind him with one hand.

"Do you mind?" James said with a harsh tone, his eyebrows furrowing at the camera pointed at his face. Steve stood on the other side of Bucky covering Tony from being in the frame.

"I recommended you turn around and stop harassing a 13 year old." Steve snarled.

"We're not trying to frighten hi-"

"How would you like i pushed a camera in your child's face?" Steve answered, interrupting her.

"Sir- Do you classify Anthony as your child?" She asked again, desperate for answers to feed the media. Luckily enough Mr Fury pushed through the crowd with an angry expression.

"You don't have permission to film here, especially not minors. I've already called the police so i reckon you pack up and leave." Fury snarled, raising his pointer finger to exit of the car park. "Now. Unless you want one of us to tackle you to the ground for harassing a minor." The reporters turned back to their van, packing everything they could up as quickly as possible. Tony felt like a coward, hiding behind his parents, being ushered away as if he didn't understand, as if he wasn't capable of understanding.

"You alright b- Tony?" Steve asked, resisting the urge to pull him into a hug.

"Fine, s'got class." He turned away to go inside, the couple didn't know why they felt guilty. They had no reason to, but seeing their boys cheeks flush with embarrassment was enough to make them debate their actions.

"Nothing to see here." Fury announced, turning to glance at everyone in the circle. "You got class, chop chop." He yelled clapping his hands.

—-

When it was the end of the day Bucky went to pick up Tony alone hoping to understand how he felt, it was easier to talk to him one on one. Not that Steve interrupted, he just felt as if Tony would prefer if he could curse or yell in anger to get across how he felt. Yet he wasn't there when Bucky was meant to pick him up, 5 minutes went by, then 10. He didn't know whether he should get out of the car or if that would embarrass him again, it was the opposite of what he wanted to do. Then a small click awoke him from his thoughts, Tony was in the passenger seat panting.

"What's up?" Bucky asked, his palm placed on Tony's cheek as the boy looked as if he had ran a marathon.

"Can you.. drive?" Tony wiped his forehead, leaning back while covering his face with both his palms. Bucky knew not to waste another second, he pulled out of the car park worrying about what happened. A small amount of silence lasted between them until Tony decided it was time to pipe up, "Some.. well. A lot of kids keep taking photos of me to upload. Accounts have been made of just.. me. Me walking around school, it's shit. I was just chased round the school by some kids my age asking me random thinks about war weapons, and how many people i've killed. As if i've fucking killed people?!" Tony raised his voice, slouching in his seat as his stomach formed knots. "I don't know what i've done, everyone seems to know everything about Howard, and Maria. Or at least act like they do, i know he did some crazy impressive shit but i can't do that, he's not me for fucks sake. He didn't even want me."

Bucky froze, Tony had always called Maria and Howard mother and father, this was the first time he ever addressed them as their names. "Tony, calm down. Number one, you can't control this. A few days off school won't hurt, i think we should of thought of that before hand. My bad, i'm sorry. Number 2, you're not your dad, you don't want to make weapons? Good. I'm proud of you, you don't have to live up to their expectations, but it doesn't mean you can't."

"I don't know, i'm nothing really. Just because my dad did shit apparently the rest is on me." He whined, melting into the seat.

"Nothing is forced on you Kiddo." Bucky sighed, pulling over.

"What are you doing?" Tony asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Get out the car, tones."

"Huh?" Bucky didn't reply, he just stepped out the car and waiting for Tony in front of the vehicle. Tony followed him, walking round the front anxiously and staring at Bucky. "Is everything oka-?" Tony couldn't finish his sentence as he was pulled into an embrace, Bucky's arms were securely wrapped around him and Tony quickly copied the movement. Throughout his childhood he was touch-starved, so he didn't ever think he could receive a hug for bare pity. Though here he was, holding onto his adoptive father wishing that he could never let go, to feel this cared for for the rest of his life.

"Tony, listen to me now." Bucky whispered, still holding Tony close. "If you really believe Howard didn't want you, okay, i'm not going to stop you. I cant. I didn't know him, but one think i do know, for certain now. Is that i do, me and Steve would drop everything for you. I'm not good with this fancy word shit, but Tony there isn't shit i wouldn't do for you. You're our son at the end of the day, our boy, and nobody else gets a say in your life." Tears pricked to Tony's eyes, he didn't need anyones validation. He received unconditional love even if he didn't always recognise it.

"Buck?"

"Yeah Tony?" Bucky said, sighing as he pulled away from the hug.

"I love you, dad." He said with a goofy grin. "That sounds so weird." He chuckles awkwardly, diving back into Bucky for a hug. "Probably never going to say that again."

"Don't have to, bud." Bucky laughed in return, holding his boy close.

(crappy chapter again, sorry, very ill<3)