76| S E T T A N T A-S E I

ALESSANDRO'S POV

It didn't take me a second to press my body on hers, I didn't hold a finger and traced down her curves, ran through her hair and took all of her in.

We layed in bed for an hour or two, side by side catching up on the most recent events that I hate so much. I loathe them with every ounce of blood in my body for separating us, for taking me away from her, for making both of us worried, confused and desperate.

I addressed and tried my best to recall how I got shot down, I dug deep into my memory before I lost my sight and tried to explain. I don't remember their figure, his figure.

He's a male that's for sure, he's tall and stood chin high but he didn't strike, he didn't hold a weapon, he didn't hold anything nor flinched which brought us more confusion.

But I was too exhausted, too exhausted and in need of rest after a whole week of fighting and almost dying.

I got on top of Akila and looked down at her as I held myself above her. She smelled like mint, a breeze of petrichor mist lingering around her as she moved, as if it's connected to her body, spreading through her skin and shifting along her demands.

I've whispered the way I missed her, the way I wanted to see her the second my eyes flickered open, the second I realized she's been away, she took care of me and my people, she bought the entire place for our liking and confront, she left and didn't come back but hell I didn't know, I didn't know she was waiting for me here.

If I'd found out sooner, the things I would've done to get out of that hospital, the things I would've done to wake myself from the dead and see her again.

She hushed me and buried my face on her chest. I relaxed into her and we stayed quiet for a while, taking in each other's gesture and presence after a long time.

A very long time that I didn't realise myself until the next morning, alone in bed with last night's memory of laying on top of Akila and falling asleep.

I hear the bathroom door open and look over to Akila walking out fully dressed. I cock an eyebrow for a moment since she never walks out with her clothes on, Akila hates bringing clothes to the bathroom, she would kill me if I do such a thing again.

She giggles softly and gets closer. I sit up on the bed and hang my legs off the bed to touch the floor. She climbs up my lap and sits there twirling my messy hair chilling freely on top of my forehead.

I lean in to kiss her neck and she grips on my hair. I catch her eyes and see fire pounding into them with so much power and desire. "What are you up to" I ask playfully and wait for an answer. She titles her head and says nothing in return as I expected.

I go in for another kiss but she blocks my lips away with her finger, "Uh-uh" I groan loudly and it makes her giggle more. "Why not" I whine and manage to grab her attention. She crawls out of my grip and I pull her back on my lap. She widens her eyes at me, fighting a smile creeping up her full lips I'm not allowed to kiss just yet.

"What do you want" she blurs out the question quickly and rolls her eyes. I scoop closer to her face, leaving a few inches between our noses not to touch. A grin escape and appear on my lips uncontrollably before I say, "you"

She makes a noise out of her mouth and uses her hand on my chest to push me away. I caress my hands down her lower back and trail down her hips, I circle her and seize her ass with both my palms, "tell me" my voice is low and husky, I tease her and watch shivers run down her throat and collarbones.

𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐌On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara