85| O T T A N T A-C I N Q U E

ALESSANDRO'S POV

The air hit us like a strong brick wall, forcing my skin to adapt as we watch him get into a cat and drive off.

There were no words or looks needed, I already knew we must find a car and go after him, wherever he goes.

My thoughts crash and crumble as the sound of glass breaks. I follow the noise, Akila climbing in a car through the window she broke with her hand, her bare fist.

My legs advance, noting the brand and speed of the car. "Do your thing" she demanded and I nodd, knowing exactly what I had to do.

She pressed a button and the front of the car opened, I took a look towards the engine and many parts, tracing down one by one until I found the wires to our escape. I worked my hands between the metal and reached the wires, I relied on my sight through the dark and connected the wires. The engine started, roaring down the neighborhood.

The owner of this car must have awoken and noticed by now, I rushed to the passenger seat and Akila didn't hesitate before hitting the gas brake.

We're lucky, really lucky to wind up with this car. Whoever it belongs to, God bless for getting there and parking it outside for us in time.

Although I'm sure he wouldn't be as pleasant about timing. "That fool is leading us West" West. The capital of Romania.

Akila doesn't seem to stop, turns back around and plans another day. I expected, I knew she wouldn't do such a thing, not in a million years would she turn down a challenge, a fight.

She drove through the dark as if the streets light in her eyes, her night vision. It was past eleven, midnight approaching little by little as his car kept fading away, disappearing into a void ahead of us but Akila is too focused, too determined, staring unblinking on the road, holding onto something, someone's gaze on the other side invisible to me.

I didn't dare question or make a sound. The fire building layers upon her skin spoke enough, screamed and howled enough to pin me down in my seat, leaving me to think, to let thoughts and wonders consume me which is something I'm used to and very good at. 

I no longer recognize the streets, it's all full, empty and quiet. There are no houses, no buildings or shops, no life. Humans have run away, far away from whatever waits for them at the end, the end we're eager to reach.

Soon enough, the Black Sea got swallowed up by the void, leaving no trail behind its previous existence and the long lost city.

The earth appears deeper, shrinking down at each beat but when I look back at Akila, she stills, hands gripping the wheel until they've turned pale, white unlike the rest of her tanned skin.

I debated whether I should say something, maybe calm her down, take away her rage and wrath by any matter yet at the same time, I knew that's how she lives, that's how enters war alone and wins with her anger, her unbreakable strength no human is worth but her.

Air. In one motion, I stretch my arm and click all the buttons, sending every window open, sophisticating the car with air.

Akila releases a sound from the depth of her throat before her breaths steady and her grip loosen a little bit.

A half smile formed on my face, glad it helped even in the slightest way. "Thank you" I didn't say anything and took her hand off the wheel, joining our fingers as I brought the opposite side of her palm to my lips and kissed her softly.