23. A merry bunch - Angel

He had changed, he knew that. How could he not have? They had all changed, Michael most certainly too, and not in a way that was to Angel's liking.

In that brief moment, he felt like strangling him. How could he? How could he do this to everyone? He knew him, by the look in his eyes, the way he spoke and acted, Angel knew he didn't actually want to save Mila, he just wanted to get rid of the problem she represented. What was conflicting and very irritating, among many other feelings, was that his sense of duty towards the pack overshadowed even his love and respect for Erik.

In that split second, Angel had made up his mind, he had to protect Mila, even from Michael if he must be but first of all, he had to get rid of Katharina. If he would go to Mila now, Katharina would follow and he could not fight her and he didn't know if Michael would or just let her kill her.

He had to do something to sever the link. But what?

"Where is Samira? Tell her to come here. I need to talk to her, maybe she can dissolve this bond and send Katharina back to hell."

"Samira is not answering to any type of contact for weeks now," said Michael and avoided his gaze.

"Weeks?! You must be kidding me. And you didn't go down there to see what's happening? She could be dead for all you know."

"I... I tried."

"Tried? What does tried to mean? I understand you didn't look for me, though I hoped you would. You sent a raven and put the matter on the solved pile? Michael, Samira is pregnant, and with an unruly pack nagging her, they could have rebelled, you self-absorbed prick! Samira always looked out for everyone including you, all the fucking time, and when she needs help for once who's there for her? Fucking nobody."

"I sent Yelena and... They sent back her head," answered Michael faintly.

Angel's body froze.

"And you didn't march down there? You must be kidding me and I thought I am a shitty friend. Who did that?"

"I don't know. It's rumored that Sanjay, that Samira mated with him."

"No. Are you stupid? Samira would never have voluntarily mated with him."

"People change and maybe she needed someone by her side, Kiera is now again the Luna of the Australian pack she mated with Yarran."

"Oh my freaking God. I can't believe how hopeless everything is. She mated with him after how he treated her? And you think Samira did that too? After everything? After how much she loved Dahiru, being pregnant she thought it's a good idea to mate with an utter ass? But then if they sent Yelena's head it can only mean she has been coerced in doing so. Common Michael, you must have understood that much."

"I suspected but I had my hands full with Mila. She is hiding from Gods. Gods, Angel. They will kill me and my whole pack if they find her."

"Then they better don't. And for that, you need to hold off Katharina. She is the creature of the earth goddess so it's in your best interest she does not find Mila. Do you understand? And now we need to help Samira. As in right now."

And hopefully, she isn't dead and can rid me of that creature.

The discussion was interrupted by the same Katharina that theatrically took place on one of the armchairs in the office.

"Oh ihr streitet nur, ich dachte ihr würde wieder ficken mit dem ganzen Lärm. Ich muss zugeben dieses Haus ist interessant, sogar schön, obwohl ein bisschen fad. So sind auch die Kleider in diesem Zeitalter, aber man gewöhnt sich dran./ Oh you are just fighting and I thought you would be having sex again with how loud you were. I must admit this house is interesting, even beautiful though a bit... Plain. As are the clothes in this age but one gets used to them eventually," she said gesturing at her outfit. It was a long floral dress, belonging to Charlotte that was sitting quite tight on her muscular and curvy figure.