42. You are the one I need - Samira

Strategically, Samira made a great move. She was not part of Kiril's pack anymore. That meant she could not enforce an Alpha command on her ever again.

There was also the fact that Angel, now her Alpha, didn't have any interest in being one.

He would gladly surrender his alpha powers to her if asked at the right moment. That had to wait a bit because he was still associating the power with Michael and he was quite reluctant to her plan to murder Kiril together.

She could play the grief chord and convince him to give up a power that was a reminder of what he did. In any case, Angel was a friend and an ally, he just needed some preparation to follow the only right way.

Oh, Goddess! I start to sound like Michael and that isn't a good thing. But no, I am not like Michael. I just want back what is rightfully mine and my daughter's. I don't want to harm Mila and I would never want to harm Erik's child.

Now in Erik's former pack house, she finally felt better. It was good to not be forced to be in his proximity anymore. She wanted to enforce that she hated everything about him but the one thing that she hated most was the way she felt when she saw his hand on Mila's shoulder.

It was horrible. She felt like being bewitched, intoxicated, utterly, and unavoidably dumb but full of such maddening desire she could barely think of anything else.

This must be some fucking spell but there is nobody that can cast such magic unless it's the Moon Goddess. But the Moon Goddess is Mila and she would never do that to me. Samira, focus! If he's dead you will not desire him anymore. Plain and simple.

What was also plain and simple was that she didn't want to live with them anymore. Samira decided to go by the house, get her things and make Kiril sniff the fact that she wasn't part of his pack anymore. He would hate it and she would rejoice in it. Or would he? Maybe he would not even notice or care, having eyes only for freaking Mila.

So powerful as he was and looking so pathetic trying to win over a girl that was clearly in love and pregnant with someone else.

She had to hurry, it was soon going to be full moon.

When she reached the house and got out of the rental car she could smell them both. Almost boastful she entered her former room and packed the things she bought into a suitcase.

"You are leaving?" Kiril was leaning against the door frame.

"Yes. And guess what, you cannot command me to stay," answered Samira with maybe too much pride.

"I was not planning to," said Kiril flatly. There was no measure of how much it irritated her.

Her blood pressure rose within seconds.

"Too busy to care about anything else that trying to fuck Erik's, baby mama? Big bad alpha and all still you are following her around like a lost puppy to maybe get bread crumbs of her attention. And surprise surprise, even if Erik is gone she still doesn't want to be with you. "

She expected him to say something awful back but the only thing he said was "just go", not one word more.

And with those sad two words, he blew down her wanna-be triumph like a little house of cards. The whole three days of the full moon, Samira kept mussing over those words, getting annoyed just to conclude how much they actually hurt her, how much it hurt her that he didn't care at all.

It were awful three days when wild dreams were plaguing her, dreams of death and destruction, or sadness and loss, and among them was one that didn't follow the pattern but followed her into the waking.