43. Viole(n)t moon - Milena

Mila was laying on her bed contemplating the broken window when Dasha stormed in reeking of vodka.

"You are back!" squeaked Dasha. "And bomb baby calmed down. Thanks goodness, I wasn't here when it went full murder weapon again."

"Dasha, you are drunk!"

"I am." Dasha grinned and let herself fall on the bed. "Where have you been?"

"I uh. I kissed Kiril," confessed Mila. She kissed him, not the other way around and she knew that meant something. Not something good, still something.

"Oh shit," whispered Dasha. "By the way you said it, it's not a good thing in your opinion either."

"It isn't."

"Why did you do it then? You know he won't be passive to that."

"I don't know..." Tears gathered in Mila's eyes. "He was there and he was kind and I was so frightened... And it just happened. Oh hell, this seems to be a patern."

"Patern?" Dasha raised an eyebrow.

"Yes. I was also pretty sad when I slept with Erik. This seems to be my very unhealthy coping mechanism."

"Well, at least you didn't do that now. It was only a kiss; don't think so deeply about it. Just uh... be honest with him. Tell him it just kind of happened and he shouldn't read to much unto it and pray he will understand..."

"You are saying to be honest? I guess that's the right thing to do but I didn't expect this kind of advice from you."

"I guess doing the right thing is rubbing off on me. And it's weirdly endearing to see how much he actually likes you. Makes me almost swoon. Almost."

"You know he threatened to fuck you bloody and kill you afterwards." Those were memorable words Mila couldn't forget.

"But did he do any of it? Verba volants, Mila. Words are just words."

"You are strangely wise today."

"I am drunk." Dasha burst into laughter. "Ups, someone is calling." Dasha took nonchalantly the phone out of her pocket. "Samira... Strange..."

Dasha answered unaffected.

"Hey there. Here with me. Kiril dropped her off and left with Angel."

Mila felt a hint of shame when Dasha said that. It was of course true but Mila had also kissed Kiril and somehow she knew that Samira would mild. She also felt that she had been unfaithful to Erik, wherever he might be.

"Girl, do you really think he told me? Plus I am kind off drunk."

Dasha was just her unapologetic self and it never failed to make Mila smile.

"Sisters, hate to break it you but he's dead. However, if they raised from the dead his girlfriend maybe you can do some woo-doo and bring him back too. My self deprecating friends, I reming you however that you are both pregnant. You are very-very pregnant and Mila's baby just freaked the hell out of you."

Mila paid suddenly more attention to the conversation. It seemed that Samira was thinking to some extent the same as she did.

"Look. I'll talk to her. But I reserve her the right to say no, okay? If she agrees, we will drive over. See ya."

"I want to do it," blurred Mila out, not waiting for Dasha to explain.

"And what exactly?" Dasha gave her a scrutinizing look.

"Bring Erik back."

"She only proposed to search for him in the underworld, I think. And I think it's a bad idea but you call the shots ultimately. I am only the hot best friend."