30. Buttons - Angel

Angel was sure he needed to train harder in the future because keeping up with Kiril while running was more difficult than expected.

He also hoped that they would be turning to their human form only in a proper environment, meaning somewhere with some... Privacy, because else he was certain he would never recover from that experience.

But what if not? It just dawned on him that he didn't know where they were going or why. What if Kiril wanted to kill him after all? He really liked killing people, alphas most of all lately. And Michael had really, really annoyed him with that crap about Mila, who hit it first and all, so Angel doubted he would bother with technicalities, like the fact that he was Michael's former lover.

Angel, you are an idiot. You were so angry with Michael that you just didn't think at all. I am going to fucking die.

They were running for almost three hours and were almost passed Inverness.

Where on earth are we going? And why?

Another hour later after a steep assent that reminded Angel a lot of his adventures with Nodin, and that made him almost yelp and cry, they reached a cabin in a clearing.

Just before reaching the steps, the door opened and two men and a woman stepped out. Rogues. Angel could recognize them by the smell, as they didn't share that common undertone with Erik's... now Michael's pack. Besides that, one of them, the man that looked in his fifties, was a notorious one. His name was Malcolm, and when Erik decided to take permanent residence in Scotland he had been a very prominent opposer and troublemaker.

Despite the headache, Erik insisted on not killing him, because he came from a very old bloodline of Scottish wardens, he just happened to have come astray, he always said and hoped he would incorporate in the pack eventually. But like most of the noble decisions, Erik made it came to backfire, the man remaining a permanent thorn and a troublemaker even if he agreed to retire in the north of Scotland and was given the territory around Inverness to take care of at his will, just to be appeased.

"We will be on our way, everything is under control," he said bowing his head slightly in front of Kiril.

That meek headbow was revealing a well-kept secret. That was how Kiril was trespassing Erik's territory the years before without them knowing. Inverness could be a small harbor too, or big enough to land a small plane in the woods. He was matching his reputation once again and Angel became more and more certain he was in mortal danger. Again.

Malcolm and the others just left without a word and Kiril still in his wolf form entered the hut.

Then Kiril, in human form stepped outside again dressed only in some very tight jeans that were still unbuttoned.

"You coming? Turn and let's talk," he said throwing a pair of pants at him.

Talk, he said. Not kill... But he has to call it somehow, thought Angel to himself while his gaze was fixated on Kiril's lower abs and that damn undone button.

Then he turned away to go back inside and Angel noticed various whiplash marks on his back in contrast with the rather flawless skin and couldn't help wondering where they came from.

Angel walked slowly towards the cabin trying to remain cool but, those damn jeans were so tight... He had never seen Kiril wear jeans before which was...

"Angel I don't have the whole day. I think you got that we are kind off in a hurry here."

And the way he just heard him say his name probably for the first time ever just made him gasp for air.