24. Master - Kiril

The wolves started showing up one by one and bowed their heads in front of him. Some he recognized, they had been part of his pack before, others he didn't, those were more reluctant but bowed just the same. They could feel the power and bloodlust rippling through the air and they were, even if they hated to admit it, in awe.

Samira's power courses through his veins now too. He couldn't say it was unpleasant how he sensed and heard now the fine motions of the tectonic plates if he listened hard enough, or how he could move earth and stone at his will, carve landscapes or make quakes appear at a whim.

The former owner, however... he was sure she was planning to murder him in his sleep if she wouldn't be still weak and afraid for her child's life. For the time being, she was settling for looking annoyed an growling at him with an expression upon her face that reminded him a lot if Erik.

Delightful...

He had to admit that she was a bit amusing in her own very stern way, just like Erik.

It was four in the morning just before dawn, the desert was stretching out in front of him and so were hundreds of wolves. Most of the ones he knew, he could find with a gaze, but one.

Where was she? Was she dead? He couldn't help feeling a pang of sadness but in the grand scheme of things he knew this might happen, they all knew and agreed to fight by his side anyway.

As if some nefarious creature sold his thoughts out, he heard someone voice these concerns.

"Are you searching for something? Or maybe someone, Kiril?"

Kiera and Yarran were walking hand in hand towards him, their pack right after.

Are they stupid or mad? They probably think they can fight me now, because I am unprepared. How naive...

Samira's growl got louder and to Kiril's amazement, it was not directed at him anymore.

Interesting...

He was in his wolf form but couldn't help throwing in a little question.

What's wrong, witch? Not happy to see your friend?

Samira bared her fangs.

Get out of my head. She is not my friend anymore!

Interesting again, he thought to himself.

"Long time no see. Are we not deemed worthy of an answer?" asked Yarran smirking. "We brought something..., a token..." he continued and signaled another wolf to emerge from beyond dunes. Crawling behind him, with bruises and burns from the silver chains all over her body in human form, Ju looked at him from the distance as she always did, as if he was the only one in the world and all the pain didn't matter now anymore because he was alive and in her reach.

"You must understand, your toy is a bit damaged. Sanjay played with her for quite a while. But this is a sign of goodwill if you comply we can part as... Friends."

Kiril didn't flinch, didn't move, not even a muscle.

"Told you this is so stupid, he doesn't care about anyone but himself. We should attack straight away," whispered Kiera in Yarran's ear.

Then Kiril started moving, still in his wolf form, calm and composed like still waters, like the infinite ice he called home.

A few steps before Yarran and Kiera he howled to the sky and his body took again human form.

He took a look over his shoulder at Samira that was in reach and was eyeing him intrigued besides the usual annoyance.

Then abruptly he turned his head to the pair and his eyes shone, icicles emerged from the fountain in the yard with such speed they were barely visible and impaled the three wolves that were holding Ju.