03. Alpha - Angel

"De sobra sabes que eres la primera
Que no miento si juro que daría
Por ti la vida entera, por ti la vida entera
Y sin embargo un rato cada día, ya ves
Te engañaría con cualquiera
Te cambiaría por cualquiera/

You know too well you are the first one
That I do not lie to when I swear
That I would give my whole life to you.
Regardless, for a while each day, you see,
I would cheat on you with whomever,
I would change you for whomever..."

Joaquín Sabina's song was resonating trough the dark room.

"Pareze que tienes razon, Joaquin, hijo de puta, y Michael el mas grande hijo de puta aun.../ It seems you are right Joaquín, son of a bitch, and you Michael are an even bigger son of a bitch," muttered Angel to himself balancing a bottle of tequila in his left hand.

It had been one month, one months since he had killed his brother in law Amaru in battle and became Alpha of the South American pack.

Alpha... he thought about being many things in his life but Alpha had never been one of them. Regardless, the laws of nature were clear and urged him to obey.

"Angel! Abre las ventanas, dios mío, que está haciendo de nuevo aquí sentado solo en la oscuridad?/ Angel, Jesús, open the windows, what are you doing again here sitting alone in the dark?" said his sister Alejandra that stormed in an jancked the curtains open, letting the merciless Mexican sun invade the room.

"Ah joder, Ale, que estás haciendo?/ Ah fuck, Ale, what are you doing?"

"Angel, hermanito, tu eres Alpha ahora, comportate como tal. En unos minutos habrá una reunión de la manada de lobos, ¿lo has olvidado?/ Angel, little brother, you are Alpha now, act as such. In a few minutes there will be a pack meeting have you forgotten?" she said taking the tequila bottle from his hand.

"Ya déjame en paz. Que pasa si no quiero ser Alpha? Nunca quise esto./ Leave me alone. What happens if I don't want this? I never wanted this."

"Pues entonces no deberías haber matado a Amaru./ Than you shouldn't have killed, Amaru," said Alejandra bitter.

"Lo hice por ti, perra ingrata/I did it for you, ungrateful bitch," said Angel angry and disturbed.

"No. Lo hiciste por ti mismo. Ahora toca el papel/ No. You did it for yourself. Now stand up to the part."

The door opened once more and four men stepped in.

"Angel," said the oldest of them and bowed his head somehow mocking.

"Rodrigo, Manuel, Juan, Pablo. Bienvenidos," said Alejandra.

Angel sighed again but stood up and tried to pull up an alpha attitude. How much he hated that, that was anything but himself.

He also hated Amaru even beyond his death, because as dead as he was, he seemed to still manage to fuck up his life.

He didn't want to do that. Sit there with these guys that he didn't like at all, most of all Rodrigo, Amaru's former Beta.
What he wanted, was to be in Scotland with Michael, drinking and fucking, but that was not an option anyone.

He had accepted the fact that Michael could be Alpha one day. That was a possibility that was not foreign to him, but if that would ever happen, he always imagined to be at his side as his lover.

When Erik came back into his body he couldn't have been happier, thinking that that would nullify everything, Michael being Alpha, his linage with Charlotte, but Erik had to fucking die for real and now they had to deal with the mess.