04. Mateless - Kiril

Crimson silk. Crimson silk was sizzling under his claws as it was ripped apart to unveil smooth white skin.

"Gentle," she whispered.

"I do not know how to be gentle," he replied and a subtile sadness expanded over his soul.

"But I will try to be gentle with you," he said in the end inhaling her sent.

All the denial that held him in check disolved like dust in the wind and he felt his soul naked and defenseless.

"It's okay, don't worry, I won't hold against you all the things you did and all the nasty things you called me... Puny human, walking sex..." she said with a jolly light shining in her eyes.

"I never expected you to happen and when I met you I didn't know how to react. And about how I called you...how comes you couldn't tell it were all disguises and lies? The only thing I wanted to call you was 'mine'."

"I never dared believe that. I never dared going to that place in my mind where everything was loose, wild and out of control. That is were you resided with your eyes of a thousand shades of blue and your smell of bergamote and old books. A part of me would have wanted to give in and be with you from the first moment we met when you grabbed my wrist in that dark hallway and till the last when you kissed me again reminding me who you were."

"This can't be real. You would never actually say these things," said Kiril frowning.

"But would you not want me to say them, to indulge a bit more in the fantasy before I disappear? You are dying to touch me, don't you?"

But her figure sank slowly into darkness and nothingness.

"Mila?!"

"Mila!!"

A splash of cold water wetted his body.

"Expergiscimini, Septentrionalis homo/ Wake up, northman," said Marcus that just emptied the bucket over him.

Kiril growled and shot him a deadly glance.

" 'Mila' quid in lingua eius medium significat?/ What does 'mila' mean in his tongue, halfling?" asked Marcus, looking at Erik.

"Nihil/ Nothing..." answered Erik and shot him a glance as deadly as Kiril's.

The fucking ancient world took a toll on him it seemed. He almost never dreamed, dreams were illusions and he was the weaver of illusions not the consumer. And to say Erik's lover's name when waking up was beyond pathetic. He just couldn't help thinking about her, how their first kiss tasted, and the last...
It was just that stupid magic that made him desire and long for her but it was a feeling as close to love as it got.
And was it magic or the mate bond? He was human now, in those times.

For the first time in his life he had felt something that was not hate or pain and stupidly he wanted that again. And gods knew how far he would go when he wanted something.

He had managed to kill a god, now he had to conquer time and space to be able to have his chance at charming a mortal become goddess. That if Mila was still somewhere and wasn't consumed by Selene's power.

Mila was only human after all, so poetically fragile. He remembered how she had felt in his arms, light like a feather, breackable like a twig.

He remembered all the games, all the lies, all the struggle to stick to his plan and not get disturbed by the human that felt like his mate, the mate of the mateless Alpha.