17. Go fetch - Angel

"Hier bitte!/ Here you go," said the pretty, blonde stewardess handing Katharina a wine glass.

Katharina however didn't deem her worthy of a first or a second glance, just scoffed and looked out the window.

"Danke!/ Thank you!" said Angel on her behalf smiling at the girl.

"Dein Deutsch ist lausig./ Your German is bad," she said looking at him in the same disdainful and presumptuous way she did since they met.

"Then I will never use it on your behalf anymore. I hope she will spit in your next drink."

They met for the first time only that night in the cave, before that, Angel had only heard the stories Michael had told him because Erik sure as hell didn't like talking about her and now Angel understood too well why.

Katharina Wittfeld Fürstin von Andechs.

Every move she made and every breath she took was absorbing Angel's life energy, and like every curse, he couldn't survive if she was not in proximity.

The damn goddess had done something to ensure that the host died together with the parasite so that he could not kill her.

He tried, it was the natural thing to do in that situation, but as soon as he stabbed her, he felt the pain himself.

He was ashamed but he was afraid to die. In rage and desperation, he couldn't help but ask the providence what he had done wrong. He had just wanted to be happy with his man, he unselfishly wanted everyone to be happy, he had cared even about the batshit crazy Nodin, and look what that brought him.

If the situation would not have been so desperate it would have been interesting. Katharina woke up from the dead after eighty-four years. She had died in the same year World War Two ended and now that strange creature tried to adapt to life and the new times in more ways than one.

It has been a struggle to convince her to drop the nobiliary title and be contempt to call herself only Wittfeld in the fake papers they had acquired for her or to dress according to her time. She found all modern clothes tasteless and horrible. That being only two practical examples one thing she loved though was the developed technology, the TVs, the phones.

As strange as it might have been, Angel had to wait for her for three hours while she played with a phone taking selfies.

Two weeks had passed since that horrible, gods be damned, moment, and no day without Angel cursing his stupid decision to go see Nodin.

If he thought about it, his situation was quite desperate. He could not escape or kill Katharina. As soon as he moved, she sensed it and he understood quite well why. Unlike for Nodin and Mei the collar that only he could sense, was around his neck, not hers.

Angel, eres un puto pendejo/you are fucking idiot. I think I have not seen a creature more conceited and condescending than her in my whole life. This mate bond makes you stupid because I swear to God I don't understand what Erik saw in her. She is very hot though.

It was quite obvious Katharina was a strikingly beautiful woman with her waist-long brown curls, flawlessly white skin, and astonishingly blue eyes. Angel could observe how many heads she was turning while casually walking the streets.

"Erzähl mir wie sie ist./ Tell me how she is."

Angel rolled his eyes. He did understand some German after so many years with Michael but he didn't really speak it nor did he feel like making an effort, but the same seemed to go for Katharina and English or any other language.