25. The allure of ice - Samira

Samira, even if half Moroccan, had been born in Heinrich Wittfeld's pack, Erik's father, that had been married to her aunt Eleonora.

He had died however when she had been twenty-five human years old, rather young, and had lived mostly in Italy with her mother to that point, seeing Erik and Michael only on a few occasions. She knew why.

She had always been smart and observant and the scars on Eleonora and Erik's bodies showed clearly how the family life was going and why her mother didn't want her near Heinrich.

That didn't mean that she and Erik hadn't been close from the begging. Her mother said that it was blood calling to blood and the two of them had inherited the mage gene.

Now he was dead, really dead it seemed, and she was left the only mage alive.

Hopefully not for long.
She thought caressed her swollen belly, lost in thoughts.

They had survived, as unlikely as it seemed both of them had survived. What she was going to do now was however a big question.

It didn't look like Kiril was holding her prisoner but now he was her Alpha. He could technically command her to do anything, literally anything, and resisting an alpha command was beyond painful.

She could turn rogue but that didn't seem a good idea in her current state. She could also go to Europe and join Michael's pack but that would mean she would abandon the power that was her daughter's heritage. To regain that power she had to kill him. That was the only way.

She was a good fighter but also very much pregnant and Kiril had besides his very creepy ability to look into your head and paralyze your body also two alpha powers now and she had... none.

It was also hard to admit that he did save her life. Thinking actively about how to kill him was somehow... ungrateful?

No, it isn't.

Dahiru was dead because he wanted to duel with the Moon Goddess; she had lost her mate because of him. Her father's power was Saraunyia's heritage and she had to get it back for her.

But how on earth? And why was he behaving this strangely? Sure he was as obnoxious as can be but he nursed her to health and he was... Samira was somehow reluctant to go further down that trail of thoughts.

Besides she could barely stomach seeing him in those clothes.

Senseless prick.

Her monologue was interrupted by a pull of the same nature. He was summoning the pack. That included her too, unfortunately.

Some hours later most of the wolves were gathered in front of her house. Kiril was in his wolf form looking in the distance.

He is somehow majestic with that pelt of his, all-white like a creature of light when he is anything but

She caught herself thinking but buried the thought just as quickly.

A familiar scent reached her nostrils and it made her growl. Seconds after, Yarran and Kiera stepped forward with their whole pack.

Shit!

Samira had known Kiera and Cohen for many years. Cohen had been a reserved guy, funny, with a nerdy flair, who didn't like to stand out, but his particular power could be very dangerous and more lethal than others if used smartly and quickly.

It also looked like they were parading a chained girl around. It reminded her of the time when Kiril had kidnapped her and chained her in silver but at least she didn't get any beating or parading around like that girl, whoever she was.