05. Sun of the Sahara - Samira

Blood of my blood, piece of my soul.
I shall stay by your side, run by your side, kill and die by your side, cause' I am yours and you are mine trough all eternity.

"Oh my love..." sighed Samira with eyes pinned to the golden desert sands and hands moving lazily over her belly.

It was the begining of her tenth pregnancy month, for wolves only a bit past the half of the gestation period. It finally started showing and she could feel her child better.

It was a blessing without which she would have gone mad after Dahiru's death.

Unlike most wolves that met their mates in their teenage years or early twenties, she had to wait till she was fifty-two to find Dahiru.

Sure werewolves live longer and aged slower but the life experience they gather was the same as for humans.

She had had her fair share of fun till then and kind of liked the freedom and enjoyed it. She even began coming to terms with the fact that she was perhaps mateless and then one lazy afternoon while being shopping with her mother in the Medina she saw him.

As close as it got to a Nigerian prince, with onyx eyes and the built of a god become flesh, their eyes met and that was that. He just walked over to her, their eyes still darted into each other and they kissed in the middle of the Moroccan Medina under the scandalized looks of everyone around.

He had died to protect them from the wrath of their goddess and Samira couldn't feel anything but hate for her, as she viewed the love of her life as expendable, as she viewed their whole kind as such. She would have never expected that but in that brief moment she understood Kiril too well, him and his life wish to kill a god.

He had accomplished that but to what price, his demise and the life of the two people Samira loved most.

Neither him, nor Erik or Mila had come back, that meant they were likely dead.

What was strange was that she saw Selene dying, still the moon was on the sky like always and every full moon night they were turning as always. If Mila took indeed Selene's place, what happened afterwards? Did the power consume her? Was she swallowed by it and remained only a vesel?

In two and a half months would be the night of the Blue Moon, then she would find out. But untill then she had lots of other issues to deal with.

Akin opened the door to the living room abruptly.

"I apologize, but something happened," he said disturbed, his dark eyes lighting up.

"What?" asked Samira irritated.

"We have... company..." he said gritting his teeth and directing his eyes at the door.

A man of medium hight and slender muscular built entered the room. His hair was long and dark, even braided together it reached his lower back.
Dark brow and smooth skin was covering intense features and even more intense dark brown eyes that had a slight red shimmer. He was dressed in traditional Indian attire and wore a ring on almost every finger and a series of bracelets and small golden earrings.
Despite all that he was manly, and besides extravagant he was noticeably attractive.

"Samira Amir-Borgia, if that is not the name of a queen."

"Samira Nnama-Amir-Borgia," she corrected him with an icy smile.

"So be it then..."

"And you are...?"

"Sanjay Vengalil, Alpha of the Asian continent," he said bowing his head.

"So that is you, that claimed Kiril's scattered pack," said Samira with another half smile on her face.

"Kiril...Kiril was just an unfortunate accident that interrupted our dynasty. Luckily gone now."