21. Survivor - Dasha

Dasha was tossing and turning in her sheets in the pitch black apartment. I had been a few days since she saw sunlight, since Michael had packed them off to Edinburgh and made those two girls guard the damn door to not occured them to exit.

On daytime it was obvious that no sunlight could touch Mila, but what about her? She was no damn bat to dwell in the dark till eternity. It's not like they had a plan as far as she knew but when they left the house in the woods there was not much room for discussion among Charlotte's screams and Mila didn't really feel like standing her ground.

There were also mundane issues, she wanted to help Mila but she also had to think about herself. In her imagination Erik's pack was going to take care of them, and well, they supposedly had lots of cash. But now she was likely unemployed and no wolf cash in sight to ease her anxiety.

It was getting strange, the whole situation started to feel damn uncomfortable.

Well thanks a lot, asshole. Why did I think again it was a good idea to come here? Yeah right, I was too trusting and a tad bit too horny for a guy that doesn't even play in my league. Why does Mila trust these people? Ok one fathered her a child but the others...? And that one seems to be dead. Damn luck of hers too.

"What's up, Dasha? Are you okay?" whispered Mila.

"No, not really to be honest. Mila, this is not how it's supposed to go."

"Hardly anything is in this life," said Mila. She seemed exhausted and that particular day even more melancholic than the previous ones.

The Mila Dasha knew almost nine months ago was certainly not quite the same person as the girl that she was looking at. That Mila was a very stubborn optimist that despite what life threw at her, and it did throw a lot, didn't give up. She even plainly refused to give up when the world was about to end. Still, this girl seemed drained of everything, hope, life energy, even the last drop of happiness.

Then again who could blame her, she was locked in the dark for three weeks now, hiding away from a maniac, with another one inside her head and a third murderous weapon in her belly.

Luckily, baby bomb didn't throw any further tantrums.

Mila said it got used to Dash's presence and was not fearing her anymore. Dasha wasn't sure.

"Mila we can't stay here. And we need a plan, a better one. Or do you want to spend the rest or your days hiding in the dark?"

"No but, I don't have a better idea. Where can we go?"

"Mila, Michael needs to help you, actually help you, not like this. Helping meaning actually assisting you to solve your issues not hide you away and hope you what? Disappear eventually like a muscle cramp."

"Michael is a good guy, he is just overwhelmed by everything, and who wouldn't be? And well, he cannot fight the sun god for me, can he? I mean he can but would likely loose and then his child would be fatherless and the pack without an Alpha. He has lots of responsibility of his own. And goddamn it, Dasha, even if by any magical way someone can and will fight them for me and win, that would be the end of the world. Maybe it's just better to let them kill me. Less damage done... But ..."

"Bomb baby, you cannot let it die to."

"I can, I just don't want to. So I have to stay alive untill it's born."

"Oh boy... Mila you cannot just stay hidden in the dark and wait to die. That's no life. I get all that you are saying, even the part about sacrifice but still... Can you not make peace with them?"

"It's uh... Unlikely, for one Selene won't let me, and if I do, Helios would want me to go live with him in his castle and be his lover as Selene used to be. They kinda had a relationship untill she fell in love with Lucius. And well, Helios kinda hates all wolf people a bit because of that."