49. So happy - Milena

"Build a snowman?" Kiril looked at her raising an eyebrow with a bit of a suppresses smile on his lips.

"Yes. Hmm, I didn't have a very happy childhood and I never got to do that."

"It not that. It's that, it's well... September."

"It is a bucket list, I didn't think of the specifics. And I don't have to do all of them or any of them for the matter."

"But don't you want to? Isn't doing them the point?"

"Well yes, but I also have to be realistic."

Kiril looked as if he was continuously suppressing a smile.

"What?" asked Mila and felt like smiling too without knowing exactly why.

"I am a legendary creature filled with magic; I am by no means realistic."

Mila let the smile loose. She kissed him, it had been intentional, but they didn't sleep together. Yet he was there and it made her feel safe.

"Can you make it snow right now?"

"Yes but it's too much of an effort to keep the snow from melting on this temperature so I was thinking about something else."

"What?"

"I will tell you later, because we need some equipment. I texted Angel."

"Will your huge pack not mind that you are hiding away for months not caring about them? Angel doesn't like to be in charge." It was a quite legitimate question.

Kiril shrugged.

"A wolf doesn't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep. He has to master that attitude to be a respected Alpha."

"A lion," said Mila.

"What?"

"A lion. A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of sheep. Tywin Lannister."

"Who's that?"

"Point twenty seven."

Kiril frowned and opened the list again.

"Finish watching Game of Thrones. Whatever that might be."

"You don't know?! It's the greatest series of all time. As a matter of fact, I think you would love it. Promise me, we will watch it later."

"Sure..." Kiril shrugged a tiny bit confused.

"Kiril, when was the last time you watched a movie?"

"Probably in the nineties..." And Mila laughed, wholeheartedly. His answer was genuine and most likely true, but also endearing and odd at the same time. Odd for human metrics, not for a warmongering Lycan King.

Angel arrived at some point during noon. He looked slightly different and acted even a bit different. The right side of his hair had now an undercut and the rest had stray braids in it. It looked good on him, different but good. It gave him a more badass, 'don't fuck with me' air.

"Your hair looks good," said Mila.

"Thanks. It was an existential crisis. Kiril salved it. And I think we are best friends now but don't tell him. Where is he, by the way? He asked to bring all this stuff."

"Dunno, running around in his wolf form. He probably smelled you already."

"Aha..." Angel's tone was a tiny bit dry. "Let me get him. I leave this here. Be right back." He dropped a huge backpack on the ground and went out the door.

Minutes after Kiril came back.

"Where is Angel?"

"He left."