52. It will always be you - Kiril

That house had held ambiguous feelings for many years but now, everything in it was smelling like her now and it got whole new meanings, he had never imagined.

Kiril also never imagined he would enjoy being the little spoon, but now Mila's sleeping body was wrapped all around his back and it was maybe one of the most beautiful feelings in the world.

She let out a small noise and then after a few instances her finger started moving on his back tracing the scars the centurion gave him that didn't heal properly while he was in human form.

And then, Mila started kissing his spine and ascended to the back of his neck and then to his shoulder.

He wasn't sure why it surprised him so; they had had sex the night before. Maybe, because he expects regrets once again.

He grabbed the palm that wrapped around his shoulder and brought it to his lips.

"You are awake..." said Mila. How couldn't he be? Every touch of hers was like coles on his skin.

"I am."

"What scars are these? You didn't have them before. You didn't have any before."

"From a Roman soldier. I was a bad, disobedient prisoner."

"I didn't expect anything else from you. You are not good at taking orders."

"I am indeed not. Though... It depends from whom," he added in a playful tone.

"You didn't leave." That was odd. Why would she say that? Why would he leave?

"Why would I? I was rather afraid you would mind that I stayed."

"No. I chose to live and enjoy what was left of my life. And you, as unbelievable as it might have sounded a few months ago, are making my life livable. It's all kinds of immoral but I like spending time with you. I still struggled with the guilt but life is short, mine damn short it seems."

"If I can help it, you will not die."

"But if you can't."

Kiril sighed. He couldn't guarantee her life and he didn't want to lie either.

"You don't need to feel guilty for that. Look at me," demanded Mila. Kiril turned obediently to face her. "I don't want you to hurt. When I am gone, I mean. And I don't want you to be lonely, or... Miss me."

"That is unavoidable."

"Come on. You are all mighty, powerful, king of wolves and all that. It's rather stupid to care so much about a puny human."

"Then, I am an utter idiot. I can't imagine how I would still want to live."

"The whole Alpha thing will not let you kill yourself but I am certain you will try to get your way so I need you to swear to me you will not."

"Mila, I..."

"Look me in the eyes and swear. You have not survived all that you did and come so far to fail at this."

"I need to check on Angel." Mila's face showed frankly that she didn't appreciate the subject change.

"Kiril..."

He gave her the most blazing puppy eyes he was capable of.

"He was really sad and said weird stuff the other day asking me to show him how to have sex with his new boyfriend."

The diversion worked because Mila was suppressing a smile.

"And did you? He seemed ok yesterday when he brought the snow clothes. But you are right, his hair was different. That usually hints at an existential crisis."