11. A friend with weed is better - Dasha

"Dasha, I think I need your help."

And Dasha was positive she was hallucinating.

Maybe the old fucker spiced my drink, or I just drank too much being exhausted, or I started hearing things because of loneliness and depression.

She just thought to herself but didn't dare to turn around.

"Dasha. Please."

Ok, just calm down and turn around slowly and you will see it's just the wind or your stupid head.

"Ісус, Марія і всі святі!/ Jesus, Mary, and all the saints!" screamed Dasha and stared wide-eyed at the creature before her.

After a few minutes of wide-eyed staring and heavy breathing she whispered, "Mila? I am hallucinating, right?"

There couldn't be any other possibility. But she looked and sounded so real though the dress she was wearing was not something she would just wear in real life, it looked too pretentious but then again it was slightly dirty and torn.

"As mentioned, I need your help."

"Fuck me. You are real, aren't you? You are fucking real. You didn't die," said Dasha dumbfounded walking towards Mila and touching her face.

"Should I, uh, pinch you?"

"Mila? Where have you been? My goodness," whispered Dasha among sighs, voice trembling and hugging her.

"It's a long and quite unbelievable story. We need to get away from here before the sun comes up or he will see me and come to bring me back."

"Who? Erik?"

"No."

"God-damned Kiril?"

"I wish it were any of them. Let's go to your place and I will tell you. You might want some booze though, it's an intense story."

Dasha still couldn't believe what she was seeing or doing. At her place, Mila took a shower and dressed in some of her old clothes donning the spectacular ball gown.

"Close all the window blinds, if I get under the sunlight he will know where I am."

"Who, now tell me, and have some tea. I also have vodka but uh... are you still pregnant? Please don't be offended but it would be like the fourth month I think and you don't show anything."

"Tea, please. Ah yes, I am, but the baby is half lycan so I have no idea how long the pregnancy will last."

"What?"

"Well, options are from nine to eighteen months how long a full lycan baby needs."

"Hmm ask a wolf person, for example, the one that fathered it. It's not like you got pregnant with your right hand."

"They would not know. There might be some, quite few I suppose, she-wolves that gave birth to half-human babies but it's perceived as dishonor and I suppose many got expelled from the packs, went rogue, or died. And well, regardless, I cannot summon any wolves because if I use magic, Gea will sense me and come after us and besides that, I don't know how it works. And Erik, Erik is gone," rambles Mila and Dasha can sense how utterly lost she is.

"Okay slow down. Who's that bitch that wants to harm you and the kid? And where the fuck is Erik to protect you two? Did he die?"

"The earth goddess. She and the sun god want to kill us because Selene plotted to kill them and they think I am the same. Or well they are not so wrong in a way, I can hear Selene in my head often and it's driving me crazy and sometimes she can take over and push her will on my body."