16. Anyone - Samira

"Here, drink. Mistress, you need to drink something, please," said the small, scrawny girl that Samira saw in her feverish dreams sometimes, putting a cloth on her forehead or trying to feed her broth.

Samira opened her lead-like eyelids. Her whole body felt like lead. The silver chains had chaffed and burned her skin but she felt only dampened pain.

I am drugged, I am drugged out of my mind. How much time has passed? What time is it? What day is it?

"I know you are not well, you might be experiencing... suicidal thoughts but please try to refrain from them," whispered the girl.

"H...o... mici..dal," tried Samira to articulate. Her throat felt like the freaking Atacama.

"What?" asked the girl, and brought the water cup to her lips.

Samira drank deeply.

"Homicidal. I want to kill you all," said Samira. It sounded like a silent roar and her shining irises showed how angry she exactly was. The scrawny girl just sighed because every time Samira tried to use her power it activated the chains and the metal burned even deeper into her skin.

The girl just observed with a stoic, still somehow sad expression what was happening.

"Mistress, please, just stop trying, you are only hurting yourself and master will just get angry and hurt you even more."

In normal circumstances, she would have felt sorry for that poor girl that was probably treated horribly herself by Sanjay and his gang judging by the bruises on her body, but that same girl was acting annoyingly loyal towards the people that probably did that to her. It was deep-rooted trauma, still, Samira was not in the position of being empathetic and understanding, when the only person that she had contact with except her captor was actively refusing to help her.

"Please, loosen the chains just a bit. If I break free I can kill him and free you too. What's your name?"

The girl just sighed again.

"No, you cannot. Master Sanjay is now the most powerful Alpha alive with two elemental powers. He will soon have all and be crowned Lycan king. Mistress, you will be Lycan queen, you should rejoice."

Samira was so angry her fangs elongated and again the chains burned deeper into her skin.

"You didn't tell me your name."

She needed to get to her, somehow, that was her only chance.

"What day is it?"

On full moon, it was going to be even bigger torture to be chained in silver and Samira knew that. Everything was so hopeless.

Why does this stupid girl do this? Why doesn't she even listen?

"Anisa."

"What?" asked Samira not able to follow the trail of her own thoughts.

"My name and it is Tuesday, July twenty-eight."

"Shit."

She had been there two weeks already.

But Sanjay said he would claim me as his Luna end of that first week. I didn't see him ever since. Maybe he is in trouble, maybe Michael trapped him and will kill him.

"Where is he?"

"He will be here tomorrow."

Fuck. So much for hope. 

"How many people are here in the house?" asked Samira, first of all, desperate and second happy that Anisa was finally talking at least a bit.

"Twenty grown wolves. You are strong but you didn't eat for two weeks, and are wounded and pregnant. They would kill you and my task is to keep you alive."