Ch.18 Sabastian Verlac

Aria's POV

I hear an alarm ring. I peeled my eyes open. Remembering I was in Alec's room I look to the side to see a sleeping Alec. I chuckle to myself. "Alec! Wake up" I say shaking his shoulders. He groaned opening his eyes. " Morning" he mumbled. "Morning" I replied. He gave me a sleepy smile. Cute. "Now lets get the day started! Common!" I say with enthusiasm. "Someone's excited." he says laughing. "Of course coz I get to go on a date with you after all the work we'll be dealing with today." I say smirking. "I can't wait either Ria" He says leaning in for a kiss. 

The door swung open and there came in Jace. "Alec have you seen Aria she's not in her r-" he asks as Alec sends him a death glare. "oh my angel, sorry..." Jace says looking away. "There is something called knocking Jace.." I say rolling my eyes. "What do you want Jace?" Alec asked. "Briefing in five. See ya there." He informed walking out. 

-Ops center-

Once we reach the ops center, we greet everyone and get right down to business

Once we reach the ops center, we greet everyone and get right down to business. "Azazel looks like he's heading south, we just found 4 more dead mundanes with the same M.O." Jace says. "If it isn't my two wonderful grandchildren" we hear a voice and turned around. The Inquisitor. "Grandma what are you doing here?" I ask surprised. "You didn't think I'd find out what stunt you lot tried to pull." She said glared. "by defying all protocol and common sense" she continued. "Grandma you of all people know this had to be done. The clave wouldn't have approved. And we captured Valentine in the process so I see that as win." I say "True" she said sighing. 

"Now tell me you have figured out a way to vanquish Azazel." She asked. "Not yet but we're trying to figure it out. Aria was nearly able to kill him."  Alec informed her and her eyes went wide. "Aria did what?" she looked at me in shock. "Grandma...um i did with my powers" I whisper. "We'll talk about that later" She took in a deep breath. I nod. She walked away.

We continued to discuss ways to eliminate Azazel. I pulled up a map. "If we look at the map here, Azazel's attacks go as far is the meat manufacturing district. There are no further trails." I showed. "And with his ability to dematerialize. he could literally be anywhere." Jace stressed.  

"Maybe we could help" We all turned around to see Izzy. I ran to her pulling her into a hug. The other following me doing the same. She looks a lot better. But who's this guy? She smiled pulling him forward, "Guys this is Sabastian Verlac, from the London Institute. He saved my life after Azazel tried coming after me. He's an expert on all things Azazel." Izzy says giving an introduction. "Well yeah, I specialize in greater demons. I spent a lot of time studying in the Paris Institute" He says. 

"Thank you for saving my sister

"Thank you for saving my sister. I'm Alec" Alec shook his hands introducing himself. We all did the same. "Aria Herondale  right?" He asked. "Uh yes, thats me" I say raising my eye brow. Alec sent him glares. "You nearly killed Azazel, you must be really powerful" He says. "How do you know?" I ask suspiciously. "Word travels fast." He says. I nod. " So how do we take down Azazel?" Jace asks 

"The only way to do do it is to puncture his demonic core. It's located between the T8 and T( vertebrae of its human form. But it's not simple. The core is a size of a pea" He said giving us information. " So basically, it's the entry point right below the sternum? So if i can get close enough, I can kill him." Jace says. "You wouldn't be able to. You don't have enough velocity. Those nasty buggers always find a way to break out into their realm and come back. Unlike your sister though. She managed to get close enough last time. If anyone can do it it's her." He concludes.

I look at Alec. His expression saying a thousand words. But I can tell he doesn't trust Sabastian. And neither do I. Something feels off.  

Alec's POV

"Thank you for the intel, we can take it from here" I say sternly "If you don't mind I'd like to help" Sabastian tried to argue. "We appreciate the information you have provided but you don't have clearance to go on a mission, not at this institute." I snap. "Alec you can't be serious?" Izzy scoffed. "Alec I know you don't like this but calm down and think for a second. We need his help" Aria whispers to me.

"As far as tracking is concerned, we should really think about-" He started giving advice. "We have a very capable warlock for that. Thank you. I going to talk to magnus. you guys can do whatever the hell you want. "I exploded. Ugh. I walk away. 

Aria's POV

I sighed. I turn to the others. "I'll talk to him" I say. They nodded. I run after Alec. "Alec wait! I know you don't trust him, I don't either but if he has information on Azazel we should use it." I try convince him. "You don't trust him?" He asks. "Well I got this weird feeling from him thats all but I'd rather we finish the whole Azazel business and then deal with that guy later okay" I say. He sighed and nodded.

"Let's call Magnus" I say. Alec pulled out his phone dialing his number. "Hey Magnus, it's Alec and Aria, we know you had a though night yesterday but we need your help tracking Azazel." We ask. "I wish I could but I'm busy with a client" he says coldly. Me and Alec look at each other in worry. " You okay Magnus? You sound tense" I ask. "Yeah just a rough night.  If you need a warlock call Dorothea, I'm busy" he says in a hurry cutting the phone. "Strange" Alec says. I nod. "We should go check in on him" I say to Alec. Agreeing, we rushing to his loft.  

[A/N: Hopefully you liked this chapter. What do you guys think? ArLec had a cute moment. Imogen and Aria mini interaction More to come. Izzy is back. Sabastian Verlac's entry into the story. Coming next, Magnus and Valentine Body swap by Azazel and ArLec's date. Please look forward to it & Thank you for your patience! x M]

Ruins of The Shadow | Alec Lightwood FF | Temporarily ActiveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara