Ch.66 Familia Ante Omnia [Part 2]

-Previously in Part 1-

"Is that a threat?" he says raising an eye. "No. Lilith's intentions are clear. We know what she wants. She will do anything and everything to destroy us. I suggest you think what would happened if Lilith gets me, a weapon the clave can't control. You know very well she will destroy your entire realm to satisfy hers" I warned.

"Fine. I shall speak to my people about this at once" He says shaking Alec's hand.

But I knew something was wrong. I could see it in his eyes.

Once we were out the door, walking toward the street. "Alec I have a bad feeling" I worriedly look at him. "Me too, but we'll figure it out. Together" He says kissing my forehead.

"Together" I say, kissing him.

Magnus's POV 

I star crossing of the large list of things that need to be done. Time is ticking and there is so much to do. 

I hear a know on my door. The footsteps got closer. I look up to see Catarina. "Ah Catarina, come in. I'm just sending out my instructions for the synthesis spell. I'm halfway through my rolodex and-" "Magnus" She urges my to stop. I pause looking back at her. "I know that look...what is it?" I ask holding my breath. 

"Lorenzo forbade the other warlocks from participating in you spell. And he asked the high council to do the same." She says. "What? Why?" I frown. "He didn't say. He just threatened to send anyone who disobeys to the dungeons of the spiral labyrinth" She says. 

I clench my fist. "Well, at least I can count on you" I give her a small smile. "Normally I would risk prison for you, I have before but this time I have Madzie and I just can't bare the though of leaving her alone. Magnus...I'm so sorry" she sadly says. "I understand. Sweet Pea needs you." I says trying to hide my disappointment. 

"We both know if the warlocks can't give you the power you need, there is someone else who can" She says. "No. No. His help always comes with a price and I'm not that desperate" my frown grows deeper. "Then what are you going to do?" She asks. "I am going to talk some sense into he high warlock of Brooklyn" I say. 

Alec's POV

I was too lost in my thoughts that I didn't hear Aria walk in. I hadn't left my office all day. I know, I know thats not healthy. But I feel so lost. I can't help it.

"You've gotta eat something Alec! Here." She pushes a sandwich along with a cup of coffee towards me. "Thanks!" I give her a small smile. "Any word from Izzy?" I ask. "No. Not yet anyway." She sighs. I lightly nod. "The day seems to be dragging. We aren't getting anywhere. I'm starting to lose hope" I whispered truthfully.

She takes a seat on my lap, pulling me into her arms

She takes a seat on my lap, pulling me into her arms. Its comforting. Its home. "That's one thing you cannot lose. We cannot lose. Even if its the last thing we need to hold onto." She says kissing my forehead.

I look up into her eyes, stroking her cheek.

Together" she says kissing me.

"Together" I say, kissing back.

Aria's POV 

Izzy came rushing in. "Guys, a vampire named Heidi outed Simon's vampirism to his family and forced him to drink blood from his sister" She panted. "What?" Alec and I simultaneously yell standing up. "Yeah, I went to help but it was too late. His sister is alive but Simon is broken. He's in my room right now. He won't talk to me but I was hoping Aria could talk him?" She pleads. "Yeah I can do that" I say. 

Then came flying in a fire message. 

Alec caught it. "It's from Magnus" He says. "Why don't you go. I'll check in on Simon. He  needs someone" I say. "In the mean time I'll see if there is any other way to get tabs on Clary" Izzy says before walking out. 

"Aria. I love you!" Alec stops me. "I love you too!"  I give him a see you later kiss.

I walked up to Izzy's room, knocking on the door. 

"Simon? It's me Aria, Izzy said you were here" I call out. "Go away" he weeps. "I can't do that I'm afraid. Izzy wanted me to talk to you" I say softly. 

The door creaks open. I walk in. Simon turns away. "There's nothing to talk about" He sniffs. "Simon, I heard what happened and its not your fault" I slowly walk towards him. He steps away from me, in what I can only assume is in disgust. "It is my fault" He said tears running down his face. "I fed off my sister, my-my sister... and how my mother looked at me...she--she...I'm a monster. She's right I'm a monster" He sobbed crumbling to the ground. 

I kneel down in front of him. Pulling him into a hug, which he doesn't fight. "You are good man Simon. You mean so much to Clary, to Izzy. To all of us. Granted I haven't known you that long. But you  have always been there for us. So never say that again." I rub his back. 

I help him up. 

As I do, I feel a sudden pain in my shoulder

As I do, I feel a sudden pain in my shoulder. "Ah" I groan. "Aria? what's wrong?" Simon panic's at my state. "Lilith...she's doing something" I heave in pain. "Hold on. I'll call Izzy" He says quickly dialing her number. "Jace" I whisper. I fall to the ground wreathing in pain. "Izzy, you have to get here now!" Simon screams into his phone. 

"What's wrong?" Izzy rushes in. "It's Aria. Something is wrong!" He says. "By the angle, Ari-we need to get her to the infirmary." She says. Simon lifts me up. "Alec...c-call Alec" I say try to shift my focus on something other than the pain. 

"Lay her down" A voice said. "Jace.." the last thing I say before passing out. 

To be continued

[A/N: Hey guys, Sorry for the delays again! I'm trying me very best to put more chapters as I promised. Forgive me if they do take a while. I'm back in university so if updates take longer than expected then you know why! Anyways I hope you like this! So please look forward to more & Thank you so much for your patience! x M]