Ch.36 On Infernal Ground

[A/N: Hey guys, just a reminder as I said previously, I have been very busy with work and is jam packed for me which makes it difficult to sit down and find the time to write, But I'm trying my best to update the next chapters asap by working on it after work. It is going slower than expected so bare with me. That being said enjoy this chapter!]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Previously on Stronger Than Heaven- 

"Is she okay?" The rest ask as I set her down o the bed. "Let me take a look" Magnus steps in. He twirls his hand scanning Aria. "Amazing she looks completely fine, in fact insanely stronger" Magnus says. "Did it work?" Jace asked. "We should give her some time. I think her body is adjusting to the angels healing magic." Magnus says. "Meaning she's likely to stay asleep for longer.." I say sadly. "Yes we need to have patience" Magnus says. We all decided to get rest. I got permission to move Aria into my room. I layed down next to her hoping to wake up to her smile.

"I love you" I whispered. 

Alec's POV

A week had gone by after the defeat of Valentine. Jace has been acting strange. But I brushed it off. After all i wasn't the only one who is having a hard time right now. I look down at Aria. She still hasn't woken up. Magus stops by everyday to check on her. Nothing has changed. I sighed walking out to the balcony. 

"Alec" I lift my head to see mom at the door

"Alec" I lift my head to see mom at the door. "Mom hey" I say. "I just wanted to see how you're doing. I'm sure Aria wouldn't want to see you like this when she wakes up" She says taking a seat next to me. "I know but I just don't want to leave her side. I want to be the first person she see's when she opened her eyes" I say softly rubbing my thumb on her palm. "You really do love her don't you" She smiles. I nod. 

"Mom I actually wants to ask you something" I turn to look at her. "Of courses anything" her looking showing a bit of concern. "I uh I wanted to ask if I could have our family ring" I say  "Family rin- Oh my Alec" she gasps in realisation. "Yes I want to marry Aria. Life is too short to be waiting. After what's happened I don't think I can wait so when she wakes up I'm going to ask her." I say as I see mom sheds happy tears nodding her head. 

"Such wonderful news. Have you talked to Jace, most importantly her grandmother?" she ask. "Jace, yes. her grandmother, not yet I will-"  I say as our conversation was interrupted with a knock on the door.  We turn to see Madame Inquisitor herself. "Madame Inquisitor, Please come in." Mom invites her in. "Please. Just Imogen. After all we will be family soon." She says with a small smile. Our eyes widened. Mom looks at me giving me an encouraging look. hear goes nothing. "Well even though you heard us, I still have to ask. Madame-" She raises her eyebrow. "I mean Imogen, I love Aria. She means the world to me and I can't imagine a life without her. So I want to ask for your grand daughter hand in marriage?" I ask trying to hide my nervousness. 

"Permission granted Alexander Lightwood. You have my blessings. I know you'll keep my darling Aria happy" She agrees pulling me into a hug. "She will wake up. I have faith. I know she's had trouble understanding my side of this whole situation. The Clave is full of snakes. I am doing everything I can to keep them away from her. But it's only a matter of time before things change. I trust you will keep her safe" She said softly pulling away. 

[A/N: Pretend that Aria]

They left, leaving me with Aria again. I sit back next to Aria. "Please wake up. I love you" I whisper. Kissing her forehead. Putting my head down, my eyes closed.

Aria's POV

Darkness. Once again all I could see was pure darkness. Am I dead? The pain I felt disappeared as a sweet melody was sung. Like I was healed. I feel stronger. As I see memories of me and Alec. The ones I hold dear to me. But that can't be...I'm dead right? If I'm not then why can't wake up. "Please wake up. I love you" I hear a voice whisper. Alec? How do I wake up?

"By will my child" A voice said. Who was that? "Hello?" I think. "Yes my child?" the voice replied. "Who are you?" I ask. "Archangel Phanuel, Angel of Life" I got a reply. "Oh um wait are you in my head?" I ask. "Yes child" it said. "Am I dead?" I ask. "No my child. you are alive. Healthy and strong might I add" it said. "So how come I can't wake up" I question. "Your will power. You believed you were dead. That's why. Your willpower will awaken you. Believe in yourself. Then everything will fall in place" it said.

My mind went straight to Alec. The memories. they were Alec's. He's the light, He's the night. He's the color of my blood. He's the cure, He's the pain, the only thing I wanna touch. Never knew that it could mean so much. It means so much. Alec means so much. I want to wake up.

WAKE UP ARIA!

[A/N: Hopefully you liked this chapter. I know it's a bit short. I tried to make it dramatic as well lol what do you guys think? I will be editing this book later. So a week had gone by after the defeat of Valentine. Jace has been acting strange. Alec ask Maryse for the family ring. YES! we are getting closer to the proposal. Imogen overhears it and give's her blessings as does Maryse. Finally got Aria's POV.  She is confused because she thought she's dead but Archangel Phanuel, Angel of Life, tells her all she needs to do is believe. Will power is the strongest weapon. Yeah I used Ellie Goulding's LMLYD lyrics lol. I felt it best represents what she was feeling in the moment. Coming next, Aria wakes up, Emotional moments. Jace and Aria moments coming. A celebratory event for the end of Valentine. Clary becomes an official Shadowhunter. Alec pops the question. Jace starts acting strange. So please look forward to it & Thank you for your patience! x M]