Ch.39 Formality

[A/N: Hey guys, just a reminder, I have been very busy with work and is jam packed for me which makes it difficult to sit down and find the time to write, But I'm trying my best to update the next chapters asap by working on it after work. It is going slower than expected so bare with me. That being said enjoy this chapter!]

Also LIGHT SMUT WARNING so skip if you don't like it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aria's POV

Izzy and Maryse spotted me, I walk toward them waving when I was stopped. I turn around to see Alec. "Hey I was just about to go spend time with your sister and mother" I say. "That can wait, I really need to talk to you" He says urgently. "Oh um okay sure" I frown. I look at him once again to see them with a large grin. Strange. I just smile back as Alec lead me out.

"Alec can you tell me what this is about?" I ask. "You'll find out" he smiles a me. "But Alec!" I plead. "Trust me!" He says. We enter the greenhouse. "Alec why are going to the green-" I question but paused as I saw the décor. Simple but beautiful. I look around taking it all in. "Oh my Alec. This is beautiful! But what's the occasion?" I ask happy and confused at the same time.

"Ria, it took one look and I knew that the stars finally spoke back, through you

"Ria, it took one look and I knew that the stars finally spoke back, through you. I knew you were the one for me. When I look at you as you smile, just like sunlight that dazzles, forging halos so bright making my heart melt. And I uh... I know it hasn't been long but I've completely fallen in love with you. I would like our relationship to grow. With everything that's happened, it reminds me that life is unpredictable, it scares me. I almost lost you one. I can't lose you again" Taking out a small box from his back pocket, opening it. He went down one knee. My eyes widened as I gasped. 

"I, Alexander Gideon Lightwood want to spend the rest of my life with you if you would allow me

"I, Alexander Gideon Lightwood want to spend the rest of my life with you if you would allow me. So, Aria Herondale. Will you do me the honor of marrying me?" Alec asks, looking at me with so much love and hope. I could cry. "Yes! Yes! Yes! I will marry you Alexander Gideon Lightwood!" I tear up as he slips the Lightwood ring on my finger. Immediate he pulled me into a deep kiss." I love you so much" I whisper as we pull away.