Ch.61 A Walk In Darkness [Part 2]

-Previously in Part one- 

"Did you mean that?" Alec asked once we were alone. "Mean what?" I ask. "About wanting a family" he says. "Well yeah I do. You?" I say shyly. "I do. The more I think about it, the more I want us to have a baby. How about after we settle things, we try?" He looks at me with hope. "I'd like that" I whisper, biting my lip. He pulls me into a deep kiss

A few seconds later, I felt something in the air shift.

 Something was wrong.

Really wrong.

Aria's POV

My body freezes. Noticing my change in demeanor he frowns. "What's wrong?" he asks. "I don't know... Uh....why don't you go get Izzy and Clary. I'll catch up with you okay" I say as a pit forms in my stomach. "I'm not leaving you!" Alec objects. "I know you don't but just go. I promise I'll be fine" I plead. "Dammit Aria...fine" He huffs leaving me.

Izzy's POV

With the help of Imogen we were able to secure the cage. "What kind of cage fits in a duffle bag?" Clary asks. "I'll explain later. I made sure it wouldn't be detected as missing. That should keep the Clave off our backs." I say. Clary hums. "All we have to do now is find Jace" I say, double checking the hallway. 

"You know, sometimes I think it would have been better if Jace never met me" Clary sighs. I turn around raising mum brow. "Are you kidding? I've known Jace a lot longer than you have. Before all he cared about was the hunt. Then he met you, and it was like he woke up from a deep deep sleep. It was that day he became a different Jace. Meeting you even gave back his family" I say. 

Aria's POV 

I rushed down the hall back to grandma's office. The feeling in me got worse. That when I heard voices. "I need you to escort me to the cemetery of the disgraced" The voice came in. Oh dear. Jace. I hide beside the semi open door to eavesdrop. "That's an odd place to go at this hour, why?" Grandma asks. "I'd like the opportunity to mourn my parents" Jace says. 

"Unfortunately bereavement visits need to be preapproved" Grandma lies. "Can't you make an exception?" Jace responds. She doesn't reply. "Stephen would be so disappointed in you. I was his only son" He taunts. Grandma sighs. "Of course I can make an exception. Come, I'll take you to the cemetery" She says. 

Knowing I had to do something, I walked in. "Well then you won't mind if I join" I make my presence known. "Ah my dear sister, of course" Jace smirks. Grandma quickly reaches for a dagger but Jace was quicker. 

Before either of us knew he stabbed grandma

Before either of us knew he stabbed grandma. My eyes widen. "No grandma!" I call out rushing to her but Jace grabbed me by the neck holding the dagger against it as I watch grandma fall to the floor. "Please let me help her!" I beg.