Ch. 8 Iris Rouse

Aria's POV

Yesterday was a tragic day. We lost a few Shadowhunter's and 26 Silent brothers. Alec has been a wreak. I stare at his sleeping figure. He looks peaceful. I hope he can get through this. I play with his hair lightly. I look up as I heard the door know turn. It's Izzy. She looks at me in surprise. 

"Aria? Morning! Did you stay all night with him?" She asks. "Morning! Yeah I did. I couldn't leave him alone." I say softly. "By the way how are you feeling? I was gonna stop by in a bit." I ask her. "I'm okay. All healed." She whisper's. "Thank you for taking care of him..." She looks at me as if she were in pain. "Is something the matter Izzy? You can tell me." I try to get her to tell me. "Don't worry about me. I'm glad he has you! I can't wait for you to be family!" I blushed as I hear that. "Well I came to wake him up for the meeting. Will you do that for me?" She asked. "Of course! We'll see you there. Take care Izzy!" I say and she nods walking out. 

Alec's POV 

It's been a while since I slept this well. I could feel Aria playing with my hair. It felt good. It felt good to be in the arms of the girls I'm falling deeper in love with. I was about to open my eyes but I hear the door open from what i know thats Izzy. So I pretend to be asleep. Yes I overheard their conversation. Her being a part of our family sounds nice. Izzy then leaves. Next thing I heat is Aria whispering at me to wake up. 

"Alec" She whispers again. "Wake up Alec!" I open my eyes to see her face close to mine. We stared at each other for a few seconds blushing. "Morning Ria!" I say. "Ria?" She looks at me confused. "Everyone calls you Aria so I thought I'd give you a nickname... I can stop if-" she interrupts. "I like it" She blushed hard and shyly turns away. I smile at her. "Now Alec I know you are upset about yesterday but we have to go." I look down as she spoke. "I'll be there by your side ok." I nod sadly. I didn't want to go but I have to. We agree to meet in the in 15 minutes.

Aria's POV

We get ready and meet in the corridor. I held his hand as we waked to the main hall where Aldeteree was getting ready to give his speech. We went and stood next to Izzy as she gave us a weak smile. Beside us were Jace and Clary. Clary looking completely distraught. This should have never happened. I sighed. Aldeteree starts to speak. 

"Valentine now has the Mortal Cup and the Soul Sword. That's two out the three mortal instruments. Now our mission  is to find out what he plans to do with them and when." He emphasizes then deeply sighs. "Tomorrow's rite of passage will bring the total fallen to 26 Silent Brother and 3 Shadowhunters. Take this time to grieve and plan for what's ahead. Your orders will follow. Dismissed" He finishes. I rub Alec's hand. "I need to be alone. I'll talk to you later Ria" He walks away. 

Izzy finished talking with Clary. We made eye contact. I give her small smile. I feel bad we haven't talked much. I honestly don't know what to say to her so I just avoided her. Izzy walked up to me and asked, "Where's Alec?" She looked around. "He needs some space" I sadly look at her. I notice Jace took Clary back to her room. My thoughts interrupted by Izzy. "Do you wanna spar?" She asked. "Sure" I smiled and we walked to the training room. 

Izzy's POV 

It's been a gloomy morning and I think it would be a good idea to get rid of the stress so I asked Aria if she'd like to spar with me. Aria agreed. This is the perfect chance to get to know her. I smile to myself. Hopefully my shoulder wont give me any trouble. Once we reached the training room we each picked up a wooden staff. I stared at her in amazement as she spun it like a pro. I smirked. This is gonna be good.