Ch.34 Death's Door

[A/N: Hey guys, just a reminder as I said previously, I have been very busy with work. This week is jam packed for me which makes it difficult to sit down and find the time to write, But I'm trying my best to update the next chapters asap by working on it after work. That being said enjoy this chapter!] 

Aria's POV

They wanted to kill us. Well kill Jace and Clary.  Lovely. They have them on their knees while I'm tied to a chair. 

"It's going to be okay" Jace says to me and Clary. "How?" Clary says in worry. "Sad, I know Valentine wouldn't approver but he will understand your deaths were a necessary sacrifice"  Malachi says dryly. "A mass genocide? Your the consul of the clave! How can you let this happen?" Clary says in disgust. "To cleanse the world of demons, how can I not?" He chuckles. "And Ms. Herondale here is the key, while you two are practically useless. PROCEED!" he orders. 

"NO!" I yell trying to set myself free as they prepared to cut their heads. Everything felt like it was going in slow-motion. Jace looked at Clary then looked at me. No! I can't let this happen. I screamed like I've never before. My body was on fire. Eyes red. I broke the cuff i was In and blasted heat waves. Taking that opportunity Jace and Clary break free and we fight. I punch the  Malachi in the face, stealing his sword I stabbed him in the stomach. He fell to the ground. "No" Please wait!" He begged for mercy. "You think I would spare you after you tried to kill my family? You pathetic bastard." words coming out my mouth like venom. I didn't wait another second to slash his throat. 

Jace and Clary ran to me. "Are you guys okay?" I pull them into a hug. "Yeah" Clary said shaking. Jace nodded kissing my forehead. "Now we stop Valentine. Lets go" Jace says. We ran as fast as we could to the lake. "Are we too late?" Clary ask as we look around to see no Valentine. "It can't be. We'd know if he raised the angel, I'd know" I say stressing the last part. 

Alec's POV 

"Any word on Aria, Jace and Clary?" Magnus asked approaching me and Izzy. "No, but they should be at Lake Lyn by now" I say. "Alec look, the aerial sensors show no demonic activity. Strange!" Izzy says showing my the footage. "How is that possible... nothing on the ground either. What the heck did they just disappear." I say confused. 

"I have never heard of this happening. They can't disappear until they are fully banished" Magnus says scratching his forehead. "Then where the hell are they?" I let out a frustrated yell. 

The next second I grunted in pain. I clutch the edge on the table. "Alec what's wrong?" Izzy ask running to me , followed by Magnus . "My parabatai rune.... it's Jace" I cried collapsing to the ground in pain. I screamed. "No this can't be happening" I sobbed. 

The pain subsided, coming to a stop

The pain subsided, coming to a stop. "He's gone" I whispered not being able to believe he's dead. Izzy  cried holding me. Aria! Oh no. "Portal us their now" I say to Magnus. "Alec-" I clench my fist. "Do it!" I say determined to find them.