Ch.44 Stranger Things

[A/N: Hey guys, I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while, I know I did say I would be updating asap but work has been crazy. In addition I wanted to take a small break as everything has been mentally draining. So talking time off from being on my computer benefits my health. But thank you for waiting and giving me 6k+ reads! That being said enjoy this chapter!]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Previously on Drive Me Crazy-

"By the angel I am going to marry this stunning women" Alec's jaw dropped as I approached him. I chuckled. "Yes you are my love. Shall we?" I ask. "We shall." I gave him my hand as we walked out. 

Aria's POV

"Looks like he knows how to throw a party too" I say as we approached the door. I receive an eye roll from Magnus. I gave him a 'sorry' look. I glance at Alec and his give my hand a squeeze. 

Everything was upbeat. The room filled with warlocks enjoying themselves. Dancing to the music. Enjoying their drinks. "Are you sure bringing us here was a good idea?" Alec questioned. "Better than coming by myself. Besides you two VIP's whether anyone likes it or not. So lets al enjoy ourselves" Magnus shrugs. 

I sighed. This bothers him way more than I thought. "Is that him?" I asked subtly pointing towards the man across the room. Might I just add, he had terrible taste in fashion. "Yes he is, Lorenzo Rey, new high warlock of Brooklyn" Magnus replies bitterly. Lorenzo notices Magnus and starts walking towards us. "Smile and nod" I whisper quickly, hoping for the night to goes smoothly. "Magnus, glad you could make it! It's lovely to see you!" Lorenzo greets him. "I see you've brought some of your shadow friends" he turns to us. "Hi, I'm Alec Lightwood and this is Aria H-" he cuts Alec off. 

"Aria Herondale, what a pleasure to meet you

"Aria Herondale, what a pleasure to meet you. I have heard so much about you! Both of you" Also congratulations on your engagement! You two make a fine couple" he shook our hands smiling. We laughed awkwardly. "Thank you!" we say together. "Considering Mr. Lightwood hear is the head of the institute I bet we'll be seeing each other quite a bit during the downworld cabinet meeting. I look forward to working with you" he says. "likewise" Ales says. "No hard feeling here right bane?" He asks Magnus. I could he is trying to rub it in unprovoked. "Of course not. On the contrary I am very content with my new position. Being high warlock is a thankless job. Way too long hours. Demanding and very little pay. Surely that doesn't matter to someone as young as you." Magnus said with a fake smile. We all saw threw it. Me and Alec stood their not knowing what to do. 

"Oh please Magnus don't be so jaded, I'm only a hundred and eighty four and am no stranger to service. Thanks to serving under high warlock of Madrid it makes it easier." Lorenzo laughed. We all forced a smile. " I will say I won't b as easy on you as he was, after all I'm hear to sever the warlocks, not portal you around like some glorified shuttle service"  Geez his ego is up his ass. He looks at me and Alec. "Wouldn't have it any other way" Alec nods politely. As do I.