Ch.58 The Owl [Part One]

-Previously on Uncertainty-

"What did Aria say?" I ask sadly. "I haven't told her yet" He mumbles. "What? Jace she's your sister!" my eyes widen. "I know, I just don't know how to tell her. I just got her back and me leaving.... I don't think she'll take it very well" He sighs. "Still... Jace she has the right to know." I stress. "I promise I'll tell her the next time I see her" He says. I nod pulling my parabatai into a hug.

 Little did we know, what came next.

Aria's POV 

Izzy actually ended up enjoying the date she went on. Today Maryse came over to spend the day. It was the first time we saw her after the de-runing. Me and Izzy were were worried she's feel uncomfortable spending time in the institute but she insisted. 

Shadowhunter or not, there's always a connection. Life can be unfair. She even managed to find a nice place for herself. We could tell she missed being here. She admitted to feeling lost. Like she didn't know who she was anymore. I don't blame her for feeling that way. 

Izzy and Alec wanted to take her out tonight. As a family. Maryse only would if she got to meet her date. I declined as I didn't think I was needed. "What nonsense! You are family" They said. I smiled at Maryse, agreeing. It's like have a mom again. 

Alec's POV

I went out to get a coffee. The caffeine sure helps work longer. Besides, I wanted to buy a small gift for mom. We planned to take her out to dinner. After everything thats been going on, she deserves some pampering. Aria ordered it a beautiful bracelet so I told her I'd go pick it up. I should get something for Aria too. 

I was walking down the street when I saw Jace. Strange. "Hey Jace! What are you doing here? Thought you were getting treatment?" I ask starting him. "I was just on my way back to the institute to share some good news. I completed my treatment!" He smiles. 

"Already?" I squint my eyes

"Already?" I squint my eyes. "Yeah. It went surprisingly fast. I'm all good to go!" Jace says. "That's great" I hug him ignoring the strange feeling. "What about you? what are you doing here?" He asks. "Just some errands. We're taking mom out for dinner by the way so be ready for that. Why don' you head back and I'll meet you in a bit" I tell him. "Sure! Great idea!" He pats my back. 

Aria's POV

I head to the ops centre where I over ear Izzy and Jace talking about some treatment. "Hey guys! what's going on?" I ask curiously. "Jace finished his treatment. The silent brother cleared him for duty!" Izzy said happily. I stare at Jace with a frown.